Lily hospitals Ltd, established since 1986 remains one of the foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Peri-Operative Nurse
Benin City, Edo State
Type: Full Time
Key Result Areas (KRA)
- The role is responsible for the daily functional operation of the pediatrics unit, delivery of patient /customer quality care, staff development and continuous quality improvement activities.
The key result areas of this role are:
- CSSD Supervisor’s Functions.
- Oversees management of perioperative services operationally and fiscally.
- Make recommendations to the matron/CNO concerning procedure or policy modifications when necessary and inform department staff of any new procedure or policy implementation introduced by the units’ administration.
- Facilitates or serves as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning perioperative patient care.
- Verifies that perioperative personnel provide safe and effective patient-centered care in perioperative services.
- Coordinate, evaluate and supervise employees in the provision of patient care.
- Responsible for administering budget, staffing the unit and overseeing staff training.
- Maintain skill and knowledge by participating in various nurse education programs, seminars, staff meetings and workshops.
- Promotes the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Creates and conveys the mission and vision of perioperative services with the assistance of the management team.
- Verifies that educational resources are available for perioperative services personnel and holds personnel accountable for compliance with established standards.
- Coordinates, facilitates, and manages change within perioperative services and the health care institution.
Health and Safety:
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in compliance with Lily hospitals’ health and safety policy and statutory regulations.
- Ensure a clean, comfortable and safe environment for patients, clients and members of staff.
Application closing date
- Minimum academic qualification of a Registered Nurse (RN), Registered Peri-Operative Nurse, Bachelor of Nursing Science (B.NSc).
- 5 years and above relevant work experience in the health sector.
- Possession of BLS and ACLS training certificate is an added advantage
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria and must be licensed to practice as Registered Nurse or Registered Peri- Operative Nurse.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
20th August, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's in MS Word Format to: [email protected]
Using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.