Lily hospitals Limited, established since 1986 remains one of the most prosperous hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics.
At Lily hospitals, we recognize that our staff are vital to the achievement of our organizational vision, the sustainability of our mission and the profitability of our business. We also recognize that our staff are our most valuable assets and as such continuously prioritize their welfare, and also see to the provision of an environment that is conducive for optimal productivity and performance and which consistently supports operational efficiency and effectiveness.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Nursing Officer (RN)
: Warri, Delta
Type: Full Time
Job Category: Junior Level
Key Result Areas (KRA)
- The Nursing Officer provides direct high quality care to patients in the form of treatments and dispensing medications as directed by the physician.
- The job holder also assists in setting up care plan for the patients, administering drugs, taking and monitoring vital signs and changing dressings.
The key result areas of this role are:
- Responsible for checking patient's vital signs, monitoring blood pressure, temperature and pulse.
- Administer treatments to patients by dispensing medications, changing bandages, administering oxygen, maintaining oxygen supply and equipment.
- Follow physician's prescriptions in the administration of medication and other therapeutic procedures.
- Clean, sterilize, store, prepare and issue dressing packs, treatment trays and other supplies.
- Administrative Duties
- Monitor supply and medicine requisition and maintain supply stock levels.
- Ensure patient medical records contain pertinent data and is updated upon patient's visit in accordance with the department's recording procedures.
- Prepare reports and record data required for hospital, client and nursing care records and statistics.
- Clearly communicate care instructions of patients' medical condition to patients or their relatives or aides to ensure proper patient care.
- Teach patients on the administration of their medications and how to perform minor medical procedures, such as in-home therapy for recovery.
- Help family members care for the patient by introducing and teaching appropriate daily living techniques.
- Minimum academic qualification of Registered Nurses Certificate
- 2- 3 years relevant work experience in the health sector.
- Registration with Nurses and Midwifery Council of Nigeria and must be licensed to practice.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
Salary in line with industry standard.
Application Closing Date
20th August, 2018
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their word doc CV's only to: [email protected]
Using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.