The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant (MM/M&E)
SVN No. : SVN2018/48
Organizational Unit: Migration Management - Programme Support
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) Grade Equivalent Contract (Renewable)
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Provide overall monitoring and evaluation support in the day-to-day management and implementation of the projects activities, including the implementation and administration of a database system to gather and process information on MHPSS and AVRR related assistance provided.
- Assist project focal points in the Migration Management unit in monitoring and evaluation related efforts, including verifying data entry is timeously done, accurate, and reliable, whilst respecting IOM’s data protection principles and suggesting innovative solutions to meet challenges faced in data collection.
- Assist the project team in regularly updating and improving the M&E tools by gathering quantitative and qualitative data/information on project activities.
- In coordination with the supervisor carry out field and monitoring visits to the beneficiaries’ business sites including communities where community development initiatives are taking place and gather data on the MHPSS and reintegration support provided.
- Develop the beneficiary profile and needs assessment formats and ensure regular update and information on reintegration grants’ beneficiaries is stored and manage in the return and reintegration database.
- Collect, prepare, present and visualize data through ad-hoc and period M&E reports, considering disaggregated gender data of the beneficiaries.
- Assist in the further development and incorporation of an elaborate monitoring and evaluation framework to strengthen the project implementation and data management.
- Review conditions of the business plan as pertaining to the program and support the development of appropriate monitoring tools for individual grants.
- Ensure the documentation and filing of all beneficiaries in a database for reference and monitoring including regular update of beneficiaries’ information in a database.
- Draft and submit monitoring reports on time.
- Support the assessment of the qualitative and quantitative impact of grants and community projects.
- Undertake duty travel to challenging areas when necessary
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
Required Competencies Behavioural
- University degree from an accredited institution in Information Technology, Computer Science, International Relations, Social Science, Humanitarian Affairs or related field;
- Minimum experience of three Years (five Years for school diploma holders) in related field; experience in the field of project management, monitoring and evaluation, including operational and field experience;
- Excellent data presentation skills, writing and analytical skills;
- Project management experience required, preferably in monitoring and evaluation, and excellent data presentation skills
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national / international institutions,
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government counterparts, international organizations and private sector entities.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and SharePoint. Languages Fluency in English and Native Language; Fluency in multiple languages advantageous;
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
Application Closing Date
- Accountability - takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation - works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning - promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication - listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative - actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation - develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management - identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork - contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM (optional depending on position level)
- Other Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Monday, 20th August, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications via email to: [email protected]
indicating position applied on subject line
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2018.48 Lagos. Project Assistant (MM/M&E).