Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) in partnership with European Cooperative for Rural Development (EUCORD) an International NGO based in Brussels and a leading agribusiness company based in Lagos, is soliciting for qualified applicants for a proposal to Alliance for Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) - Partnership for Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa (PIATA), an agricultural intervention jointly funded by USAID, Bill & Melinda Gates and Rockefeller Foundation. WEWE and its partners are proposing to implement the project to develop a market-led maize and soy bean value chain targeting 100,000 farmers in Niger and Kaduna States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Institutional/Organisational Capacity Development Advisor (Short Term)
Niger & Kaduna
- Provide facilitation and training services and support other project staff in designing training and other professional development activities.
- Design, organize and facilitate internal and external meetings, workshops, town halls, etc.
- Designing and conducting/helping conduct project-relevant training courses that are substantive, engaging and motivating.
- Ensuring that the Contractor is reinforcing group training with individual training and complementing traditional “classroom” training with experiential, electronic and other innovative training approaches.
- Developing and facilitating peer-to-peer and other mentorship arrangements.
- Bachelor's Degree, and Master's Degree in Social Science, Agriculture or relevant Field.
Application Closing Date
- At least 10 years’ experience working in an institutional and organisational capacity development role or providing consultancy services, and experience in donor funded projects and working with rural communities.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and train large groups, culturally diverse groups, and groups of senior-level executives as well as experience with innovative training, facilitation approaches and training designer.
- Experience working in the organizational development, adult learning or related fields.
- Proficiency in Hausa Language is an asset.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Applicants should provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on their CV as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- WEWE’S recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when suitable candidates are selected.