Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Case Worker
Scope of the Vacancy
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- The Case Worker will be responsible for the collection of information needed to identify, register, analyze the needs of children at risk, including Unaccompanied and Separated Children (UASCs), design the follow-up plan for each identified child and actively contribute in case management, collaborating with the other Case Workers and with the Community Support Case Workers to deal directly with the beneficiaries in the targeted areas.
Under the direct supervision of the Case Workers’ Supervisor, he/she:
- Collects the information needed to identify, registers, analyzes the needs of any child at risk, including UASC;
- Designs the case plan for the identified child at risk;
- Conducts registration and case management activities as assigned by the Case Worker Supervisor;
- Fills the standard forms of registration accurately for the case management and follow-up;
- Contributes in the success of the trainings for community leaders, also by accompanying them directly on the field;
- Joins actively the case management meetings and trainings to raise gaps and recommendations based on the daily work on the field;
- Supports the data-entry activities providing the proper information about each child at risk from the caseload;
- Communicates regularly with the Case Worker Supervisor for updates on achievements and challenges and any changes in the community’s social context and security status;
- Ensures that all documentation for Case management of Unaccompanied and Separated Children (UASCs) and children at risk is conducted and filed according to required standards of data protection and confidentiality;
- Collects and documents success stories for reports;
- Adopts standard operating procedure (SOPs) for the Child Protection and case management system and data management protocols;
- Performs any other necessary action related to the position to achieve the objectives of the project and of COOPI in Nigeria if requested by the Team Leader
- Upholds COOPI’s mission and Charter of Values;
- Follows and enforces all COOPI codes of conduct and policies (globally and in-country);
- Participate in the field work of the nutrition survey (impact assessment)
- Perform any other action related with the position needed to achieve the objectives of the projects and of COOPI Nigeria if requested by his/her supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree/HND in Education or in any other relevant field.
- Prior experience (at least 1 year) working in complex emergency context as Case worker
- Fluency in English
- Good communicator, strong listening capacity, open minded, proactive and creative
- Respectful and inclusive of individual and cultural differences
- Significant experience involving work engaging people in and from community settings
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa and Kanuri)
Application Closing Date
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context.
24th August, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online