Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH PHP Officer
Task and Responsibilities
- This position is based in Maiduguri, Borno State and reports to the Sector Manager - WASH. The WASH Public Health Promotion Officer is accountable for the overall implementation of the Public Health Promotion and Non-Food Items distribution of the WASH sector of the OFDA project.
- Liaise closely with the WASH Sector manager throughout the planning, design and implementation stages of WASH technical activities.
- Overall supervision of Public Health Promotion and Non-Food Items distribution activities following AAH’s local strategy and International Guidelines.
- In coordination with the Sector Manager, Participate in the development of culturally appropriate IEC materials, conduct pre-test at community level to inform the final design. Disseminate IEC materials alongside hygiene promotion activities. This should be drawn up as a communication plan.
- Work closely with the WASH Engineering team in the implementation of WASH activities especially in the area of community engagement.
- Ensure that the PHP & NFI team members are fully aware of the hygiene promotion strategy and all activities are in line with strategy activities.
- Prepare training tools on relevant technical topics and conduct training for both internal staff and external stakeholders.
Application Clsoing Date
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree/HND in public health, social science and other related fields.
- At least 2 years relevant working experience in supervising hygiene promotion and community mobilization activities in the humanitarian sector.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and ability to write quality reports.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English.
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
17th September, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online