Nigerdock, a member of Jagal Energy, is the leading indigenous Nigerian Energy services company with diverse but related capabilities in complex Oil and Gas project delivery during both the greenfield and brownfield stages of an asset lifecycle.
The range of services offered include full Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC), or stand alone engineering, procurement management, onshore and offshore fabrication, brown field modifications, fabric maintenance, asset maintenance management, ship building and repair, marine services, logistics and the associated base support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Estimator
- To take accountability and review estimates, Take Off’s prepared and norms used by estimators.
- Seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality as specified by the contract and/or engineering and building regulations, which needs to be understood and adhered to.
- Review and, present and submit Claims through to completion
- Responsible for validating how much a project will cost;
- To define commercial strategy for ‘Authorization to bid’ process
- To complete Cost Risk Analysis for bids as required
- Review of Sr. Estimator’s work prior to management review meetings and ‘Authorization to Submit’
- To validate project timescales
- To review the revenues of the projects - taking into account factors such as labour costs, material costs, equipment rental, manufacturing locations, facility costs and required permits and licensing;
- To work closely with the commercial team and project management team to ensure the project meets all financial and regulatory guidelines;
- Maintain the profit margin and handle any changes in the original estimates;
- To keep track of current pricing and to help negotiate better rates for long-term or large-scale projects;
- Responsible for keeping track of the current Union labor rates for the areas in which he/she works so that estimates always include current labor numbers and norms;
- Responsible for supporting the Tender Buyer and maintaining relationships with suppliers and equipment vendors;
- Responsible to be the lead interface between Estimators and Quantity Surveyors involved within various projects
- Will be required to work for the client or the contractor, working in an office or on-site.
- Involved in projects from start to completion – also preparing estimates and costs of the work outside the oil and gas sector.
- Knowledgeable about all processes required to complete a project.
- Current on potential costs of materials and equipment rental rates.
- Up to 15 years practical job experience within the engineering functions of the Oil & Gas industry would be an advantage;
- Overseas and/or Africa work experience
- Computer Literate - MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint
- Familiar with EDMS - Team Binder or similar
- Experience of working in multicultural environments
- Good English written and verbal
- Good presentation skills
- Effectively works under pressure in a team-oriented environment;
- Demonstrates the ability to meet deadlines and produce quality complex work
Key Reporting Requirements:
Application Closing Date
- Monthly Report detailing tenders, contracts and analyses
- Other reports as required
- Senior Management
- Commercial Team
- Contracts Team
- Internal Subject Matter Experts (SME’s)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online