Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, DevOps
: Lagos, Nigeria Nairobi, Kenya Kampala, Uganda
About the Role
In this role, you will primarily work as a Team Lead within the Talent Development department leading a team of apprenticing engineers to ensure that all Andela internal applications and underlying infrastructure are stable and state of the art.
As the senior member of your team, you will take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects. You will work closely with the product management and other team leads to ensure we're building an infrastructure that meets and supports our product needs. You will take pride in managing production systems that are key to helping Andela grow and scale as an organization. You will be responsible for managing the delivery of your work as well as any engineer that work under you.
Responsibilities (Include, but are not limited to)
What Makes You a Great Fit for this Role
- Work closely with Product Managers and Team Leads to understand the infrastructure needs
- Manage production systems and application deployments
- Design, implement, and enhance monitoring, metrics, and log aggregation systems
- Design, implement, and enhance deployment automation tools
- Share responsibility for strategically scaling Andela’s internal systems
- Promote and nurture good team practices such as TDD, code reviews, and pair programming
- Bring vision to the team in the form of new technology recommendations, ideas and approaches
- Mentor entry-level DevOps engineers willing to become world-class
- Leverage cognitive apprenticeship methods to support the learning of entry-level apprentices
- The ability to be located in Lagos, Nigeria or Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2-5 years building and shipping software products with a DevOps perspective
- Experience leading a team of engineers in an agile environment (daily standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc)
- TDD and pair programming experience
- Experience in deploying and maintaining production environments in Google Cloud
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with monitoring tools (Prometheus, Graphana, New Relic)
- Experience setting up Vagrant or Docker
- Experience setting up and managing a continuous integration and delivery process (Jenkins, Concourse)
- Highly collaborative with experience building rapport, confidence and trust among all team members.
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
You’re the kind of person who:
- Has a clear passion and expertise in Software Development and DevOps
- Is constantly learning and expanding your skillsets on and off the job.
- Can mentor entry-level DevOps engineers willing to become world-class.
- Is driven by purpose, passion, thirst for knowledge, and the pursuit of a better world.
EPIC Values Alignment:
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
Benefits & Compensation
- If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Application Closing Date
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online