Abia State Agency for Community and Social Development Project (ABIACSDP) - Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) for implementing the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP) in Nigeria. Part of this credit is to be applied where eligible to the payment for the services of various staff of the implementing agencies.
In the pursuance therewith the Abia State Agency for Community and Social Development Project (ABIACSDP) is now inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for recruitment into the position listed hereunder:
Job Title: Project Officer (Procurement)
Qualification and Experience
- Be responsible for procurement at the SA including procurement planning, design, implementation, management and training;
- Be responsible for the preparation of bid documents (inclusive technical specifications) for the acquisition of goods/services;
- Serve as Secretary of all evaluation and selection of consultants and suppliers within agreed processes;
- Effectively manage all contracts and ensure that deliveries (quality/quantity/time) are in line with contract provisions;
- Ensure appropriate sanctions are applied on defaulting contractors;
- Provide training on procurement and community contracting to Operations Officers,
- Provide assistance to financial officers on contractual disbursement;
- Ensure that CPMCs adhere to procurement procedures and guidelines;
- Prepare and submit procurement status reports on a quarterly basis as part of financial monitoring report;
- Prepare evaluation reports for all evaluation of goods and services;
- Maintain comprehensive procurement unit cost database to be used in preparing a Project Cost Document and provide up to date information on all procurement at the SA;
- Ensure that procurement plans are implemented as scheduled;
- Provide training to the communities on community contracting.
- Any other duties as maybe assigned by the General Manager.
- At least a first degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Architecture, Marketing, Purchasing and Supply or related fields with at least 5 years post qualification experience part of which must relate to procurement in a foreign funded agency or state government due process office.
- Computer literacy compulsory and experience in community contracting is an added advantage.
This post attract attractive remuneration commensurate with the modes of entry and in accordance with agreed terms with the World Bank.
Application Closing Date
4th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send Ten(10) copies of all Applications signed sealed and clearly marked on the "Top Right Hand" corner on the envelop (POST APPLIED FOR) should be addressed and delivered to:
The General Manager,
No. 18 Orlu Street/Umuwaya Road,
- Only candidates with the required qualification and experience will be shortlisted.
- Clearly written out Contact Address, phone number and e-mail addresses must be included to facilitate responses.