MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, Resource Systems
- Responsible for defining Application specification in response to evolving business needs.
- Responsible for enhancing the procedures and processes associated with the operations and maintenance of business rules for all downstream BSS systems in MTNN.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Information Systems Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in annual budgeting process for both capital and recurring expenditure.
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Engage in cross-functional work with the Network Group planning and operations, value streams for revenue, finance, revenue assurance, marketing, sales and distribution, enterprise solutions and MTNN as a whole
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Coordinate, coach and influence external partners and essential support departments across MTNN’s business units to deliver a seamless pre-sales and post-sales service experience.
- Liaise with vendor/s to deliver support and solutions
- Manage vendors and ensure SLAs are met through extensive review/negotiation of SLA agreements.
- Contribute to the development of Systems Support Management methodology / framework to guide related activities within the IS Division, defining standards, processes, procedures, metrics and operations requirements.
- Put in place mechanism and system to ensure prompt, frequent and appropriate update of Business systems and coordinate and lead team in delivering reliable support services.
- Monitor and control all system installations and commissioning, provisioning, operation and administration.
- Develop and maintain an efficient system logs and back up procedure and analyse trends of issues and problems, as well as identify root causes for the dysfunction
- Monitor the performance and availability of the VAS & Prepaid systems and network elements and initiate corrective actions to failures in these systems.
- Verify system problems and provide support to higher-level maintenance personnel.
- Perform on site remedial support by investigating and identifying reasons for abnormal network conditions.
- Prepare documentation and reports, collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
Experience & Training
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Local and International travel.
- First degree in Electrical/Electronics, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Fluent in English
- Technical certifications related to Application development or database disciplines will be an advantage
- Masters degree in related field will be an added advantage
- 6 - 13 years of experience which includes: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Experience in operational support Billing, Customer Care or other Resource Systems within an telecoms environment
- Application development methodology
- Project management
- Joint application development
- Problem solving and Root cause analysis techniques
- Management training in terms of planning, operating, leading and controlling
- Technical training in all applications within the Resource systems area.
Application Closing Date
- BA, B.Eng, B.Sc, HND or B.Tech.
21st September, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online