Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Team Lead/Coordinator - on behalf of CSO Partner
: Gombe, Katsina and Zamfara, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Scope of Role
- This is a partner staff role. The staff will be engaged and paid by SCI partners, and reports to the partner’s Project Team Lead in the three states of Gombe, Kastina and Zamfara.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Provide overall project management oversight and ensure community-level implementation of the workplan activities of the partner organization including progress monitoring, support and guidance to other staff members towards fostering strong relationships with women’s and girls’ rights organisations thereby improving the health outcomes of adolescent girls and boys in the project state.
Requirements, Skills and Experience
- Ensure the day-to-day implementation of REACH work plan activities for partners and provide input into the development, on-going management and maintenance of work plan with regular support from the State Project Manager.
- With support from the Project team in the state, provide technical assistance to the CSO staff and community members and lead relevant capacity building for them to implement REACH PIP as detailed in the work plan and to ensure that agreed targets are met.
- Manage the preparation, coordination, and execution for special technical events, such as trainings and supportive supervision including outreach activities.
- Participate in meetings, seminars, debriefings and other technical meetings.
- Compile State CSO level reports on project results, case studies and lessons learned.
- Develop CSO level annual, quarterly and monthly work-plans as agreed with REACH project team
- Facilitate, draft, and participate in the development of, and/or the timely completion/review of REACH technical reports, such as: monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports; strategic plans and work plans; and other ad hoc reports, as required.
- Participate in the design and implementation of assessments and evaluation studies, trainings, and workshops as at when due.
- Document best practices and submit timely and analytical quarterly and annual activity report.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with the REACH State team Manager. This synergy should include, regular consultation on matters such as but not limited to work-planning, review meetings and joint supportive supervision visits.
- Maintain good relationship with the LGA, SMOH and line Ministries working on the project
- Represent REACH project in LGA level meetings such as working groups, etc.
- Perform other duties and tasks as determined by REACH Project Director including coordination of safe spaces activities.
Application Closing Date
- First Degree or equivalent work experience in the field of health, or development
- Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Candidates must have at least 5-7 years of progressive experience working in a similar position
- Experience working with an NGO a plus
- Interest in development issues and ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Strong computer skills required, especially the ability to work comfortably in the MS office package
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in team environment
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality;
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage various projects in a team setting, with limited supervision
- Fluency in English, spoken and written Hausa language is required.
- Experience working across multiple sub agreements and partners;
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork and effectiveness within a dynamic multi-disciplinary project.
- Competent and experienced in general office administration, coordination and logistics.
20th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online