IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services. Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantitative Analyst
Reports To: Senior Manager - Business Planning & Intelligence
- This position is responsible for developing statistical and optimization models and tools to assist the Business Planning & Intelligence team within Finance to extract value from the asset portfolio pool.
- Monitor ongoing business processes and operations and assist in implementing risk mitigation processes.
- Produce reports on a timely basis to be used by management in assessing various business risk and return characteristic
- Monitor asset and liability holdings and maintain spreadsheets necessary to analyze portfolios.
- Analyze and monitor new developments in portfolio analytics and risk management space and proactively create tools and measures to enable the Financial Planning & Analysis team to leverage such expertise.
- Work with software and system engineers to implement and support ongoing and rapid development and testing of research ideas and models as well as their deployment to end-users and stakeholders.
- Implement methods of monitoring model risk.
- Continuously monitor model performance and quality, and perform stress testing on various KPIs.
- Implement models in a large framework of existing models and processes, develop methods for testing models, and document model changes and processes.
- Build, refine and manage statistical and optimization models for macroeconomic, business, FX, and interest rate risks, and recommend mitigation options.
Education & Experience
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, independent, entrepreneurial, and self-motivated.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to prioritize in fast-paced work environment
- Strong quantitative and programming skills
- Demonstrable proficiency in logic and programming via functional programming platforms, e.g. MatLab, Python, R, etc.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in portfolio optimization, mathematics, and business risk measurement and management techniques.
- Excellent understanding of model testing, validation, and development.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office (with an emphasis on Excel and Access) as well as other financial and statistical software packages.
Application Closing Date
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in quantitative disciplines (Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or other relevant fields)
- 3-5 years working experience; must have experience in working with large data sets.
- Extensive familiarity with analytics and risk management as they relate to the telecommunications sector, including trends, issues, and developments.
27th September, 2018.
How To Apply
interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
indicating in the subject bar the name of the role.