Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor (CTC/CTU)
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards
- Carries out a rapid evaluation of all patients on arrival
- Decides treatment plan (oral or IV rehydration).
- Provides initial emergency care (e.g. inserts IV line), until the patient is stabilised.
- Carries out admission of patients (cholera register); Initiates an individual patient file (parameters, observations, etc.).
- Writes prescriptions.
- Supervises triage nurses.
IV and Oral rehydration:
- Visits all admitted patients daily and monitors complicated cases (young children, pregnant women, comorbidity cases, treatment complications, etc.).
- Responds to nurses’ requests and alerts: insertion of intraosseous needle, concomitant infection, treatment complications, etc.
- Records monitoring and observation parameters on the individual patient file.
- Writes prescriptions (drugs, daily dose, number of times a day, duration).
Discharge of patients:
- Validates patient discharge.
- Gives patients « discharge slips » that they show the watchman on exit.
- Writes referral letters if needed (e.g. feeding centre, maternity).
- Confirms death.
- Participates in investigation into cause of death.
Application Closing Date
- Essential Medical Doctor Diploma; registration with the relevant Medical Council
- Desired: previous experience in Cholera treatment.
- Essential: English, desired: Hausa, Kanuri
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork, Service
17th September, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected]
with "CTC MD NGALA’’ as subject.
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.