MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Job Type: Permanent
- The Procurement Officer will be responsible for receiving and reviewing all requisitions for purchase of technical and non-technical items, ensuring they are properly approved and within budget.
Other duties of the Procurement Officer include the following:
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Update system records of items against physical balances.
- Maintain and update inventory records management system.
- Proactively track the movement of inventory items from one location to another.
- Receive all inventory of items ordered, match with PO and update the inventory records regularly.
- Coordinate the accurate completion of purchase requisitions from user units within the Technical department and other Non-Technical functions;
- Source, process and coordinate the analysis of valid quotations/ tenders for approved items;
- Engage in negotiations with suppliers/ vendors (with the approval of the Senior Manager, Procurement and coordinate the issuance of purchase orders, after due approvals have been obtained;
- Ensure all purchase orders are authorized by management, dispatched to vendors for acknowledgement and file with supporting documents;
- Review vendor invoices and ensure they are in line with PO and contract terms.
- Manage contracts and agreements effectively according to agreed terms and processing renewals when due.
- Co-ordinate and manage cost of sales requirements from the requesting units/departments;
- Support the implementation of inventory management policies and procedures, upon due approval by the Senior Manager, Procurement and relevant authorities within the organization;
- Receive, record, review and oversee proper documentation of all technical stock (technical department items);
- Be abreast of the latest inventory management and material handling tools, technology and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate authorization for the release of stocks as well as proper documentation for relocation of items;
- Conduct periodic demand planning to determine needs and requirements for goods and services
- Other duties that may be assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or Science related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years' post-NYSC experience in Procurement or Supply Chain Management and/or Finance environment
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good sourcing and negotiation skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS office suite.
- Ability to define and understand technical requirements.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong numeric and analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of ERP system.
- Good working knowledge of data processing and management
- Integrity and ability to deal with confidential information are essential.
- Ability to work and deliver promptly within tight timelines with minimal supervision.
Demand on the Job:
Application Closing Date
- Must be able to work on call for weekends
- Requires administrative and clerical skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online