Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is a leading firm in the hospitality industry. We are dedicated to ensuring the comfort of our guests. Our luxury accommodation in the heart of Garki and Wuse zone 7 in Abuja offers unparalleled guest services. Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is superbly placed to cater for guest service requirements; ensuring guest stay is both pleasant & unforgettable, we combine the experience of our team which represents a breadth and depth of expertise that is unmatched, and we believe our people are the cornerstone of our success. We are committed to making our place a great place to work and provide the foundation for building successful careers. If you share our passion for delivering unequal hospitality service where details matter, apply today to join our team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Chef
Report To: General Manager
- As the person responsible for all kitchen produce, to co-ordinate the distribution of tasks amongst his or her teams ensuring that the work progresses as it should within the time available.
- To prepare all the menus in co-operation with the Restaurant Manager and check guest satisfaction levels by exercising a presence in the restaurant at meal times.
- To be totally guest focused by consistently delivering of excellent service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
- To assist with the control and ownership for the management of the kitchen department within the overall policies and controls established by the management and General Manager, ensuring that the brand values and standards are delivered and budgeted profitability achieved.
- To ensure at all times a high standard of cleanliness and practices is maintained, thereby ensuring all statutory legislation is met.
- To ensure that production is correctly executed and that products comply with the technical sheets
- To ensure the quality levels of food, products and services
- To manage his or her staff: training, motivating and structuring the team. He or she also ensures a good working atmosphere
- To provide rigorous management: controlling raw material stocks, especially in terms of their cost
- To implement the consistent delivery of superior guest service through the Guest Service Programme.
- To ensure that the department creates a professional impression to guests and team members.
- To review and act upon guest feedback relevant to your areas of responsibility.
- This to include guest complaints and compliments.
- Business Awareness:
- To be fully aware of budgeted and actual departmental financial targets. This to include gross profits (food), stock levels and departmental profits.
- To produce and update business forecasts for your department where required.
- To control and monitor payroll costs by allocating labour resources in line with forecasted and actual business levels, through productivity ratios and payroll management.
- To be fully aware of and control departmental operating costs in line with forecasted business levels.
- To be fully aware of and assist with purchasing in department by effective use of S.A.P.
- To assist with ensuring food profit and other related targets for your departments are exceeded.
Specific Job Accountabilities:
- To ensure all stocks are stored and rotated correctly in line with Food Safety requirements, following Hotel policy to meet statutory legislation. This to include recording temperature checks of food commodities.
- To assist in ensuring the profitability of food operations and Gross Profit management. This to include carrying out food stock-takes as required.
- To follow all procedures and processes for food and beverage controls to meet Hotel requirements.
- To cost menus as required.
- To assist with maintaining and improvement of departmental operating standards.
- Growing the business:
- To positively approach sales opportunities in order to maximise sales revenue and
- exceed budgeted sales targets for the department.
- To assist with and suggest promotional opportunities to enhance departmental sales to meet and exceed budget. This to include planning, implementation and review of food promotions.
- To keep all department team members sales focused.
- To lead and motivate team members to create a team environment which promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the hotel.
- To maintain effective communication within your team by holding regular briefing sessions and attending hotel meetings when required.
- To supervise work of junior Chefs, including their use of dangerous equipment.
- To be responsible for ensuring departmental training is carried out to the standard required.
- To carry out quality planned training and development in a systematic and professional way in order to meet the needs of the business and assist in individual team member’s personal development. To ensure training is recorded for all team members following the Hotel Induction Programme.
- To assist with the compilation of the kitchen Training Plan to meet the hotel business objectives and develop team members.
- To assist with carrying out performance reviews for team members every six months, following Hotel guidelines.
- To assist with the setting of clear objectives for departmental team members, linked with the hotel’s Business Plan.
- To assist with the recruitment of new departmental team members up to supervisory level, in line with the Hotel Recruitment Policy.
- To continuously coach and counsel colleagues.
- To participate with reviewing training in meeting objectives.
- To assist with ensuring unacceptable behaviour and performance is corrected, in line with the hotel disciplinary procedures, where this forms part of your responsibilities.
Controlling the Environment:
- To supervise the department to ensure effective operation on a day to day basis whilst maintaining Hotel standards consistently, with attention to detail. This to include ensuring shift controls and procedures are adhered to.
- To assist with creating and updating standards manuals and cleaning schedules.
- To comply with your responsibilities Fire Safety Management procedures and practice
- To comply with statutory and Hotel requirements for Health and Safety, Risk Assessment, Disability and all employment legislation and ensure all team members are trained accordingly.
- To implement action on Hygiene Audits in order to enhance the environment and achieve positive consistent results.
- To keep yourself informed of the hotel’s goals and objectives and those of other departments, maximising the role you play in delivering the hotel budgeted targets.
- To operate I.T. systems in line with Hotel standards where required.
- To assist with ensuring the department actively maintains and supports Investors in People procedures and practices in order to ensure re-recognition.
- To attend training when required.
- To be fully aware of and strictly adhere to Fire, Bomb and Health and Safety procedures.
- To adhere to all security procedures laid down by the management and Hotel.
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and Hotel rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook.
- A minimum of Bachelor degree in Culinary or its equivalent in a relevant field. Post-graduate qualification in cooking
- 7 - 8 years working experience in a similar position
- Must be dual-skilled as manager and chef
- Significant previous experience of managing a team in a similar environment
Application Closing Date
- Cooking skills: the ability to adapt your cooking style to your local environment
- Using the Windows environment
- The ability to manage a profit centre: stock, cost prices, orders etc
- The ability to manage a team: supervision, training, motivation, delegation
- Team leadership
- Good relationship skills
- Organisation and thoroughness
- Teaching skills
- Physical and mental resilience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and Resume/CV's to: [email protected]
using the Job Title as email Subject.