Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for its Health team in Monguno.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Supervisor
: Monguno, Borno
Slot: 2 Openings
Responsabilities and Tasks
- Under the direct supervision of the health deputy project manager, the opd supervisor provides patients management in collaboration with midwife and other team members.
- S/he follows pui protocols and standards to ensure quality and continuity of care, promotion and restoration of health of the patients and population, ensure supervision of care.
- Welcome patients to the facility.
- Establish personal rapport with potential and actual patients and their relatives.
- Assess urgency and make sure urgent cases are seen first.
- Assess and identify patients health needs.
- In the role of Clinician, manage the cases under his/her line of technical expertise, but also
- Provide nursing care according to the need of the patient.
- Adhere to his/her level of therapeutic standards.
- Give first aid when needed.
- Provide low-key psychological support/Basic Psychological First Aid to patients according to need.
- Provide individual and group health education to patients, when appropriate.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Document collected information on health cards and other records.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly data collection for OPD
- Manage the team under his/her supervision including leaves follow-up, appraisal, and supervision on-the-job.
- Support his/her team in various data collection and collect it at the end of the day
- Propose solutions to the DPM/PM for daily challenges in partnership with the team.
- Participate actively in meetings and trainings when required.
- Perform other relevant duties as requested by supervisors
Specific Objective and Linked Activities
- Organize and supervise PHC Team.
- Supervise on-the-job nurses, nurse assistants, registrars, laboratory technician and drug dispenser and ensure the follow-up of protocols.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with Universal standards, procedures, rules, and regulations
- Ensure coordination and continuity of care through verbal and written reports and
- Coordination with the other health staff.
- Adhere to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Ensure staff understand duties and responsibilities in the working environment
- Ensure the quality of care provided to patients in PUI facilities.
- Provide essential preventative assistance services and follow up on identified beneficiaries with NCDs and other diseases/morbidities of Public Health relevance.
- Provide training on selected topics on Non-Communicable Diseases and other of Public Health relevance.
- Report on collected data.
- Directly report any difficulties or delays in the implementation of activities.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department:
- Ensure the quality of care provided to patients in PUI health facility
- Scale up on the primary health care facility plan should be developed according to the time frame
- Assessment on beneficiaries at risk and diagnosed individuals with communicable and non-communicable diseases, other diseases of public health relevant and treat him.
- Build the capacity of the community health workers, nurses, nurse assistants, midwives, registrar on thematic related to health
- Provide frequent feedback on health - illness patterns observed in the facility that require further assessment
- Report to line manager periodically regarding context changes that affect the modality of intervention
- Education degree: Recognized Nurse Degree (at least certificate level) with national legislation
- Work experience: 4-5 years of experience in Nursing, staff supervision and experience with NGO’s.
- Computer skills: Excellent knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Good command in English (speaking, reading & writing),
- Fluent in local languages - Hausa, etc.
Knowledge and skills:
- Good knowledge of Communicable and Non Communicable diseases
- Good knowledge of Public Health
- Good ability for team work
- Ability to manage a fair workload including emergencies.
Application Closing Date
- Good team spirit
- Good management skills
- Good reporting skills
24th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online