Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for its Logistics team in Coordination Base, Maiduguri.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cook
Maiduguri, Borno State
Responsabilities And Tasks
- Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer and the overall supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Cook is responsible for preparing meals on request for PUI expatriate staff, in accordance with the rules of hygiene. He/she is also responsible for requesting the food and equipment necessary for this work, and the maintenance of his/her workspace.
Specific objective and linked activities
- Wash plates, dishes, cutlery
- Keep the kitchen, cooking utensils and refrigerator clean. Disinfect the refrigerator regularly.
- Inform his/her line manager of any cooking equipment required and of any missing or damaged materials
- Prepare and clean the dining area before and after meals
- Buy the produce required for meal preparation, within the fixed budget
- Keep a log recording of all expenditure and regularly settle advances relating to the purchase of food
- Evaluate gas and monitor gas consumption
- Manage food and commodity stocks for expatriate accommodation
- Prepare meals according to the fixed number of people and definite planning, checking that the food is healthy and the menus varied
- Respect the essential hygiene regulations and maintain exemplary conditions of hygiene in the kitchen and storage areas
- Monitor the provision of drinking water, ensuring that water dispensers are disinfected regularly
- Manage the stock of cleaning products under the supervision of his/her direct supervisor
- Ensure that no unauthorized person / expatriates gains access to the quarters
- Clean the kitchen and refrigerator
- Regularly undertake thorough cleaning
- Turn off lights and fans when leaving a room
- Monitor the provision of Drinking water in the guest house.
- Guide visitors to the appropriate person or to the waiting area.
- Install, make an inventory of kitchen utensils and organize the working place.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
- Language skills: Fluent in English and Hausa
- Education degree: Professional cooking Certificate and Literacy essential
- Work experience: Previous cooking experience with Hotels, Restaurants is a must
Knowledge and Transversal / skills:
Application Closing Date
- Commitment, Flexibility
- Stress Management, Results
24th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online