Adam Smith International is an award-winning global company that delivers impact, value and lasting change through economic growth and government reform. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments.
Adam Smith International has a strong corporate presence globally, with 146 current projects across 49 countries and over 1,000 staff and associates. Headquartered in London, our regional offices are based in Africa (Nairobi, Abuja and Pretoria), Asia Pacific (Sydney) and South Asia (Delhi), with numerous registered offices across Africa and Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Leader - Links Nigeria Economic Growth Programme
Tracking Code: 1132-112
Department: Private Sector Development
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Roles and Responsibilities
- DFID’s LINKS - Powering Economic Growth in Northern Nigeria is a successor programme to the Growth and Employment in States (GEMS) programme including GEMS3 which was successfully implemented by Adam Smith International.
- Focusing on spatial economic growth in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa, LINKS will aim to raise the incomes of at least 3 million people with specific targets for women and people living disability through new jobs, farming incomes, and self-employment opportunities.
- The programmme, set to begin in early 2019, will focus on three main pillars - Investment, Innovation and Enabling Business Environment, with Agriculture, Renewable Energy, ICT, Affordable housing and Solid Waste Management as target sectors.
The Team Leader will provide overall leadership, management and strategic direction of all programme technical and operational activities. In this role, the Team Leader will:
Required Professional Experience
- Provide overall leadership and technical direction for the program, including leading the strategic planning, implementation and reporting
- Lead the design, development and implementation of strategies and project work plans
- Ensure LINKS meets all deliverables of the highest quality and on time
- Serves as the principal liaison with the program and technical staff, government partners and private sector stakeholders
- Lead efforts to collect, synthesize and disseminate clear information through technical reports and periodic progress reports
- Develop professional relationships across relevant donor programmes, and further programme goals and objectives
- Communicate with project managers, donors and other stakeholders to ensure positive visibility of project activities.
Application Closing Date
- At least 15 years working experience in international projects. DFID experience is strongly preferable, but not essential
- At least 10 years’ experience of those spent in projects in developing countries lasting more than 2 years and managing teams of 10 or more including local and international staff
- At least 5 years of Project Team Leader/Head of Project status in economic development projects with significant elements involving private sector investment and innovation, and budgets over £5million
- Proven track record of achieving job creation and/or income raising results at large scale and pace (100,000 people plus)
- Relevant Nigeria experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online