International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse and Supply Chain Manager
: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Warehouse and Supply Chain Manager will work within the IMC Logistics Department of the Operational Support structure, committed to providing reliable and compliant support to program activities in order to achieve efficient service to program beneficiaries
- The job holder will ensure smooth operations of IMC warehouses and manage the receipt, dispatch and inventory keeping of all food and goods that entered into the storage facilities in Maiduguri and Damboa field sites, Borno State
- Through implementing IMC Warehousing procedures; the job holder will ensure that all food supplies and inventories will be accounted for in accordance with IMC and donor (WFP) requirements.
- Implement and manage the warehouse in accordance with the IMC as well as WFP, Warehouse Policy and Procedures Guidelines
- Daily planning and coordination of your team and IMC - WFP logistical, warehouse activities;
- Ensure the timely delivery of food supplies to respective distribution sites/points with the coordination of WFP- project Manager and IMC transport pool.
- Has full understanding and knowledge of standard warehouse policies and procedures. Assists, as needed in training staff on these policies, reporting templates and forms;
- Preparation of monthly food distribution status reports on deliveries, stocks, end of grant stocks, fiscal year physical counts and other physical counts, as instructed by supervisor.
- Assist in the maintenance of thorough warehouse files as outlined in the IMC Warehouse and Procurement policies;
- Travel or delegate subordinate to travel to field sites to receive and inspect foods delivered (if any) directly to the field;
- Ensure the smooth warehouse operation; interacts with WFP staff and transporters in the receiving and inspection of foods.
- Ensure food supplies are received as per the description of the Letter of Understanding with WFP.
- Ensure quality control of goods coming in and going out of the warehouse is regularly conducted
- Ensure that warehouse casual workers comply to the IMC’s safety and security procedure
- Inspects food supplies upon delivery and reject inadequate, broken, lower quality and other items not meeting the requirements;
- Dispatch foods from the warehouse using appropriate IMC procedures, Store Release forms, Waybills and update Stock Records.
- Ensure minimum warehouse management practices are applied; display of bin cards on each item in the warehouse;
- Maintain physical and electronic copies of inventory, as per formats and forms provided in the Warehouse IMC Manual;
- Coordinate with the Transport Manager for transportation arrangement for dispatches;
- Ensure proper warehouse control measures are instituted such as; the commodities movement way bills, gate passes and visitors logbooks, spot checks etc.
- As and whenever asked, represent IMC at the WFP partner’s coordination as well as logistics cluster meetings.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to IMC and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in Nigeria
Communication and Teamwork:
- Ensure good communication with the direct reports, other IMC staff and donor’s representatives
- Facilitate harmonious working relationship with partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Report problems encountered in the warehouse or within the team to the Supervisor
- Propose solution to solve any problem faced and report them to the Supervisor
- Participate actively in regular staff and program meetings
- Prepare weekly team’s work schedule and submit to the Emergency Program Coordinator.
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IMC and amongst beneficiaries served by IMC.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Application Closing Date
- Degree in a relevant Business field is desired and at least 5 years of experience in large-scale Logistics operation and food assistance distribution; Strong organizational skills and discipline to follow outlined procedures; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel
- Excellent oral and written English skills. High computer skills on MS Office programs
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities. A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential. Willingness to travel throughout the project areas in Borno state is required
- Must read and understand and demonstrate a willingness and ability to follow guidelines
- Good knowledge and experience with different data entry management software within a humanitarian organization, Good human relations and diplomacy, Analytical capacity, capacity to organize work and team, Capacity to work under stressful situations and Strong organizational and time management skills and capacity to coordinate work across multiple departments and sites
- Experience living in remote or isolated workstations, or insecure locations.
19th October, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should should be addressed to the "Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps" via the e-mail: [email protected]
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their e-mail
- Application Letter and Curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.