GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compensation & Benefits Manager - Africa
Ref Id: 3183217
: Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa; Flexible, ideally in a major business location in the region
Job Function: Human Resources
Business Segment: Healthcare Human Resources
- The Compensation & Benefits (C&B) Manager is responsible for developing and implementing C&B processes for GE Healthcare in Africa.
- This role will provide support, guidance and analytical expertise on total compensation practices, policies and programs to enhance the organization’s ability to attract, retain and engage talent.
- This role is responsible for coordinating initiatives and implementing C&B strategy, policies and processes that meet business needs.
- Contribute to the establishment of the GE Healthcare C&B team
- Manage annual salary, long term incentive, and incentive planning processes for the assigned business or client group.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, including the generation of compensation reports from HRIS systems and creation of models to support business needs, annual HR processes and or regulatory compliance.
- Counsel and partner with HR and management teams on all compensation matters related to assigned business client groups and support staffing activities by conducting job analysis, competitive benchmarking and structuring of new hire and promotion offers.
- Ensure execution of policies and procedures related to pay practices.
- Benchmark positions with external surveys and analyze market data to provide value-added analysis detailing competitive market positioning for the business.
- Monitor industry and external market and provide analysis on the impact of relevant developments in the compensation and benefits areas.
- Provide support for any compensation related litigation or regulation compliance for the assigned business or client group
- Create and deliver training to HR, managers, and employees on compensation philosophy and processes, and to employees on executive benefits
- Support the management of variable incentive compensation programs, including modelling, participant tracking, payout calculations, and payment processing and administration
- Provide guidance through partnership with business leaders and business HR.
- Evaluate C&B processes and policies to ensure they are current, competitive and compliant with legal and local rules and regulations
- Evaluate and review C&B governance in conjunction with the GE Healthcare C&B leader, global C&B team and relevant HR stakeholders.
- Lead and or participate in C&B initiatives and related projects
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Human Resources is preferred.
- Substantial experience in compensation e.g. incentive plan design, salary structure development, job structure implementation, etc.
- Ability to shape and influence key C&B strategy in support of business needs, while operating in a challenging environment
- Proven organizational skills with demonstrated attention to details and solid quantitative and analytical background
- Proven ability to interact, communicate and influence a wide variety of audiences, levels and roles inside and outside of business
- Project management skills including strong process skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to navigate matrix organization.
- Able to effectively manage a large and complex workload, with a proven track record for driving initiatives to closure and getting work done through others while working effectively with all levels of management
- Change oriented
- Proficient in Excel and competent in the use of HR related systems and tools.
Application Closing Date
- Experience in merger/acquisition and/or integration activities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online