Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS) provides the infrastructure for automated processing, settlement of payments and fund transfer instructions between Banks and Card Companies in Nigeria.NIBSS is owned equally by all licensed banks in Nigeria, and the Central Bank of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Service Support Officer
: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: Support Services
Division: Technology & Operations
Reports to: Head, Support Services
Grade: Management Trainee
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Identify and handle customer enquiries completely and accurately
- Resolve customer complaints and problems to the satisfaction of the customer
- Use customer service skills to optimize the opportunity of each customer contact
- Educate customers about NIBSS products and services and direct them towards available resources for self-help
- Complete necessary documentation to manage customer complaints, issues and subsequent solutions
- Alert management on issues or concerns that require escalation for complete resolution or which may indicate a larger, underlying problem
- Follow up on all escalated issues until a logical conclusion is reached
- Schedule, assign or act on any required customer follow up in accordance with department guidelines.
- Use technology tools as directed and within established guidelines
- Enter customer data and other relevant information into Support Centre database or other data repository, as required.
- Suggest process improvements and participate in initiatives for increased effectiveness.
- Maintain confidentiality of the organization's customer data.
- Participate in individual and team trainings and meetings to ensure up-to-date knowledge.
- Respond to inbound service requests and customers inquiries routed to the centre via telephone and email in a knowledgeable and timely fashion.
- Provide information and technical support concerning dispute processes, and assist in determining resolution for customers.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited University;
- A master's degree or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
- 0 - 2 years of relevant experience related to the Job
The desired candidate must exhibit competencies in the following:
- Knowledge of Service Desk Operations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and communicate information clearly
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Positive, professional, customer-oriented attitude
- Customer contact work or relevant service industry experience
- Knowledge of all NIBSS products
- Enhanced Customer Knowledge Management
- Professionalism in Customer Service Management.