The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Shift in Charge Officer
Function/Domain: Refinery Operations Tech Services
Slot: 4 Openings
- Dangote Oil Refinery is building the World's largest single stream Greenfield refinery and Petrochemical complex site at Nigeria, Lagos
- We are looking Candidates for Laboratory Shift in Charge position for advanced, sophisticated and modern Refinery cum Polypropylene testing Laboratory. It is essential that the candidate should have relevant experience like Refinery, / Petrochemical / Polypropylene operation units Lab.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- Familiar with Laboratory GLP practices.
- During Emergency Response, he becomes the Incident Commander for Lab.
- Ensure that team is up to date with emergency training.
- Fire Fighting & Safety (Personnel, process and procedures).
- Safety emergency Response plan, Administrative processes, procedures.
- Well versed in ISO9000 & 17025 standard procedures and its requirements
- Team Building & Management.
- Ensuring technical trainings to chemists and are up to date, and providing assistant to shift chemist as and when required.
- Identify specific performance issues with team members and ensure appropriate corrective actions are undertaken.
- Conduct timely performance review of testing requirements and assist in the development and progression.
- Impart Training & demonstrate competency in to Refinery / Polypropylene, Water, waste water and Process chemicals analysis.
- Solution preparation and lab. Instrument Calibration & Validation procedures / steps.
- Blend study of various streams.
- Preparation of Standard operating procedures.
- Associate with Instrument service engineers for installation of Lab instruments.
- Getting training on safe startup & shut down, Trouble shooting and Routine Maintenance of the Lab Instruments
- Understand the testing plan and ensures testing as per standard test procedures / guidelines.
- Perform critical analysis and instrument calibrations.
- Responsible for sample receiving and testing for process units and utilities samples as per schedule.
- Ensure appropriate shift coverage (people, equipment, procedures etc.) and effectiveness of the shift operation.
- Prepare shift report, provide instructions to the next shift and ensure proper handover.
Application Closing Date
- A B.Sc. / M.Sc. Degree in Chemistry with minimum 60 % marks degree are eligible.
- The applicant must have min 10 years total experience and min 5 years in Refinery / Polypropylene in lab operations and preference will be given to those candidates having shift supervising experience.
- The applicant should have good back ground knowledge in Refinery / Petrochemical testing and well versed in handling Refinery, polypropylene and water testing instruments viz. Octane / Cetane engines, JFTOT, M.
31st December, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online