MFS Africa is a pan-African fintech company that develops innovative value added services for mobile wallets. The company works in close partnership with mobile network operators and financial institutions to bring simple and relevant financial services to un- and under-banked customers. MFS Africa currently connects over 170 million mobile wallet customers in sub-Saharan Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: System Administrator
Duties and Responsibilities
- We are seeking a bright, energetic and motivated Systems Administrator, who will report to the Senior Systems Administrator, to work as a member of the technical team, building the next generation of MFS Africa’s products and services. The position could be based in Nigeria, Ghana or South Africa.
Qualifications and Experience
- Install and configure Linux operating systems
- Manage and monitor network servers
- Deploy and configure MySQL databases
- Set up email accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain application systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Higher Diploma or B.Sc Computer Science or a related technical field
- Fluency in English
- Additional languages would be plus i.e. French.
Skills and Competencies:
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with MySQL, and proficiency with Tomcat web server
- Bonus e-commerce, online payments or banking/card payments experience
- Advanced knowledge in mail, apache, selinux configurations on linux boxes
- Linux server installation and hardening
- Advanced knowledge in TCP/IP networking
- Advance knowledge in Linux networking and iptables
- Basic Cisco server configuration and troubleshooting
Application Closing Date
- Ranked by Fast Company as Second Most Innovative Company in Africa
- Work with innovative new technologies on the cutting edge of fintech.
- Attractive package including performance bonus and share options
- Strong and collegial company culture with 20+ nationalities represented
- We are can-do people; we are impact-seeking and diversity-embracing
- We are passionate We care about what we build, who we build it for, and who we are while we build it
- And we have a firm “no a**holes” policy. ).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online