Lohi Consulting provides management consulting services for businesses striving to excel and desiring to partner with solution providers in their quest to reach the pinnacle.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Infrastructure Officer
- The infrastructure officer will report to the Head, Technical Services.
- He/she is to plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of computer systems and network infrastructure to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets.
- This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links.
- This role is also responsible for telephone, data center, security systems and other electronic infrastructure.
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation.
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
- Provides “ownership” of problem thru final resolution.
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for IT projects and associated efforts.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software. Responsible for on-site and off-site data centers.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities.
- Manage operational costs; conduct near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
- Oversee the administration of user accounts, permissions, and access rights in AD.
- Direct and administrate a contingent of network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Four-year university degree or Higher National Diploma required, preferably in the field of Computer Science or other related academic fields
- 5 years of relevant work/management experience.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 5 years of experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- 2 years successful leadership of an infrastructure team.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery
- Conversant with programming languages such as .Net, PHP.
- Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations (including data privacy practices and laws) to company operations.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, bridges, switches, hubs, modems, network interface cards, and so on.
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and
- Telecommunications principles
- Experience installing network cabling and telephony systems.
Application Closing Date
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, and forecasting.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
30th November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Using position applied for as subject of the email.