The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Operations and Procurement Specialist
Job ID: 13-10398
Reports To: Finance and Administration Manager
- The Senior Operations and Procurement Specialist has the primary responsibility of ensuring that MSH Global Fund Malaria procurement and operations in Nigeria are functioning efficiently and effectively, and aligns to support attainment of project results and expectations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Develop and execute responsive and appropriate operations management systems (for office management, local procurement, fleet management and logistics, consultant and subcontractor administration, etc.) in line with local laws and regulations, MSH policies and standard operating procedures, and donor requirements.
- Lead and manage the operations functions by aligning staffing and systems with country projects and available resources to provide timely, cost effective, and high quality support and administrative services to all MSH country-based projects and activities.
- Ensure that all MSH in-country projects receive equitable, effective, timely, cost-effective, and high-quality financial management, accounting, operations and administrative support to all MSH in-country projects, in full compliance with local laws and available resources, and in an environment with adequate internal controls, adherence to contract/award regulations, MSH policies and standard operating procedures.
- Participate in routine management team meetings, and attend other meetings which are relevant to the operations activities, including country Operations Support Team (OST) meetings.
- Coordinate execution of internal/external operations, financial or program reviews or audits, and ensure timely follow up to review or audit conclusions and recommendations that are relevant to operations, in collaboration with the OST.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Operations Officer/PSOs and country OST to achieve resolution of pending operations issues, questions and home office operations support requests. Communicate with other MSH HQ-based parties (Groups, projects, corporate offices), as needed to ensure proper consultation and notification of important information and issues
- Ensure that strong internal control systems are in place, and that MSH Code of Conduct and MSH's Zero Tolerance practice are well understood by all staff in country.
- Assist Country Representative/ Lead to conduct regular and thorough risk assessments in country, and to monitor success of risk mitigation and risk control activities.
- Ensure appropriate segregation of duty in all procurement and payment activities within all MSH offices in country.
- Oversee property and asset management, including maintaining inventories and asset registers.
- Oversee obtainment of local insurance as required, inspection, registration and operations for all MSH vehicles in country.
- Ensure that systems are in place in country to ensure that operations are managed and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award and donor requirements, and comply with MSH policies and standard operating procedures. Systems are in place to:
- Ensure that appropriate staff members are aware of and understand laws, contract/award and donor requirements, and MSH policies and procedures
- Monitor compliance
- Oversee purchasing of all supplies and services, including sourcing quotations using Request for Quotation form; preparing vendor canvass or selection sheets; preparing local purchase orders; and verifying deliveries, quality of goods, and invoices.
- Consolidate and manage the country procurement plan and ensure implementation.
- Maintain an up-to-date procurement tracker for all goods and services to be procured.
- Conduct reviews of procurement files for all purchase documents for easy reference, including copies of purchase requests, quotations, purchase orders, delivery notes, and invoices.
- Identify vendors for goods and services for MSH use (including office equipment, IT services, communications, courier, transport, guard services, hotel providers, etc) and update vendor list for purchase of supplies and services. Manage all vendor relationships.
- Ensure that the procurement process, payments, and documentation are complete in a timely manner, and that deliverables are accepted by the project
- Issue agreements and negotiate rates for local services, per authorized delegation and according to established policy.
- Manage the vendor prequalification process to establish long-term agreements with prequalified vendors and hotels for recurring services
- Manage MSH offices and facilities to ensure a safe, efficient, and appropriate working environment for all staff.
- Manage general office services including guards, cleaning services, etc.
- Manage Information Services.
- Oversee property and asset management
- Oversee insurance, inspection, registration and operations for all MSH vehicles in country.
- Manage and plan vehicle maintenance
- Hire and train drivers and monitor performance
- Analyze and monitor vehicle and fuel usage and standards and report on any issues
- Schedule use of fleet as per MSH policies
- Coordinate and oversee travel payments and logistics for all MSH in-country travel.
- Manage and monitor lodging, transportation, per diem and associated payments, including those related to participant training, study tours, in-country events and workshops.
- Set local per diem policies and rates and ensure compliance and standards
Application Closing Date
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in business administration, financial management, accounting, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience managing operations of health or development programs in developing countries
- At least 5 years’ significant operations management experience, preferably in Nigeria
- Comprehensive knowledge of Global Fund and US Government funded programs, regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrated success and familiarity in Nigeria
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team
- Ability to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail
- Strong conceptualization, facilitation, and planning skills
- Possess outstanding professional reputation
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and active listening skills. Solid understanding of GF regulations and administrative procedures in the implementation of donor assisted projects required
- Familiarity with other donors and their requirements
- Fluency in English.
- Navigating the Environment: Managing through Systems, Peer Relationships, Political Savvy
- Ensuring Delivery of Results: Action Oriented, Business Acumen, Drive for Results, Information Sharing, Managing and Measuring work, Negotiating, Priority setting, Problem Solving
- Leading with Credibility: Decision Quality, Functional/Technical skills, Listening, Managerial Courage, Time Management, Presentation skills, Motivating others, Conflict Management, Delegation, Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Core Personal Competencies: Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Interpersonal Savvy,
- Core MSH competencies: Adaptability, Communication, Problem Solving, Creativity and Innovation, Quality and Timeliness of Work, Quality of work and Team Relationships, Resource Utilization
13th December, 2018.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.