Oasis Africa Consulting Limited - Our client is a Marine and Logistics Company executing projects for major IOC’s in Nigeria with strong presence in Lagos and Port Harcourt. With over two decade global experience, our Client has its headquarters in Lagos.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Port Engineer
: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Full-time
Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for fleet support in the operational readiness, maintenance and regulatory compliance of the fleet, including management of vessel cost and marine personnel working on the vessels.
- The Assistant Port Engineer reports directly to the Port Engineer(or the Marine Technical Superintendent).
- Assists with the maintenance of vessels relating to Engineering.
- Assists the Port Engineer in developing and updating vessel maintenance programs
- Assists in the evaluation and corrective action on emergency or casualty repairs for all vessels as needed.
- Monitors engineering work in progress for planned or unplanned maintenance.
- Determines method, length and costs of necessary vessel repairs as needed
- Train engineers with regard to vessel systems, repairs, regulatory compliance and company policies and procedures as needed.
- Provides for inspection by regulatory groups, responsible for the remedy and repair of all deficiencies, operational and administrative.
- Conducts annual maintenance/repair and capital budget preparation for vessels.
- Assists with personnel function such as hiring, training, dispatching, disciplining, terminating vessel engineers.
- Assists other regions, divisions and companies, with vessel repairs, dry- dockings, etc. as required.
- Assists in evaluating and surveying damages for insurance claims.
- Supervises emergency repairs, vessels crew training to perform required tasks to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Promotes and oversees safe work practices with all company employees and vendors working on company vessels.
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are adhered to by employees, vendors and visitors.
- Minimum: B.Tech/ HND in Marine Engineering with minimum of five years’ relevant experience in marine operations.
- Familiarity with ISM / ISPS is a must
- Port Engineer is expected to have sailed on vessels, not less than 500GRT and 3000KW engine capacity as a Chief/Second Engineer Officer.
- Ability to use the Microsoft packages: MS Word, Excel, MS Access, Power Point and Outlook
- Knowledge of CAT C32 Acert and C4.4 Engines will be of advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Salary and Benefits
- Extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of Nigeria marine environment and maritime laws.
- Positive, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Demonstrates high level of professionalism and PWF representation
- Demonstrates follow-through on all vessel maintenance issues
- Team player with administration and crew
- Excellent decision making skills
- Excellent communicator, clear and direct
- Ability to set and meet goals and deadlines.
Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online