Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Key Account Manager - Jumia Food
Department: Acquisition & Account Management
Job Type: Full Time
- You will be fully responsible for Jumia Food’s new and existing partner restaurants in Lagos.
- Your overall aim will be to acquire key vendors catering to the needs of our growing customer base, and to subsequently manage all new and existing vendor relationships.
- You will work closely with the Operations team to consistently optimise vendor operations, and will work closely with the Marketing team to devise and implement marketing campaigns for restaurants.
In particular, you will:
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Leverage prospecting skills and relationships to build partnerships with franchisees of the most important restaurant chains
- Drive expansion of existing clients as well as generating new business at prospect chains
- Manage contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of a strong working relationship with our restaurant partners, including sustainable economics for both parties
- Clearly communicate the value of Jumia Food and its newest products to prospects
- Work closely with the Marketing Department with marketing requests
- Negotiate attractive deals/combos with partner restaurants for the benefit of our customers (ie.during annual Black Friday campaign)
- Educating new vendors on the importance of Jumia Food’s operational procedures and standards,ensuring they are always respected
- Equipping and training new vendors on Jumia Food’s order processing and management tools (through the management of the Vendor Service Associate)
- Ensuring that Jumia Food is paid its due commission on time (through management of the Cash Collection Officer)
- Monitoring vendor performance and implementing operational improvement plans for restaurants, where necessary
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience with at least 2 year of experience in a client facing role that includes new business acquisition
- Ability to have a 'sixth sense' when it comes to partnerships and that leads you to effortlessly navigating multiple partner engagements
- Ability to think strategically and analyze restaurant needs to both unlock opportunities and creatively problem-solve
- An intuition for people. You're spending the majority of the time working with various internal and external teams, building and really cultivating new relationships with potential and existing partners and within all parts of an organization
- Eagerness to get into the details, ability to go above and beyond
Application Closing Date
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online