Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Epidemiology Activity Manager
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Defining, scheduling and organizing, in close collaboration with other medical team members, the Mission annual epidemiological activity plan as well as its associated budget, in order to improve early detection of risk factors to better define treatment approaches and preventive practices. Leading the implementation of the protocols and epidemiological methodology, ensuring all related staff follows them in order to improve research efficiency.
- Supervising, according to annual plan, the Mission epidemiological research activity ensuring that contacts with community groups and authorities are aligned with the objectives of the research and that the population participating in the research is properly informed. Reporting on the progress of data collection, on-going analysis of research or on any issue causing delay, in order to achieve epidemiological goals on time.
- Advising the MSF medical team on epidemiological matters that arise in the course of their activity research, and when necessary, designing and implementing epidemiological tools and data collection to meet new epidemiological needs.
- Ensuring, in coordination with supply department, that national or international shipment of laboratory samples acquired for research purposes is done within datelines and according to protocols, following security rules and maintaining conditions required for the sample to remain viable.
- Supervising data filing procedures, ensuring that all epidemiology software tools are properly used and are updated regularly, in order to ensure full data traceability and availability
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department and the MSF vision, policies and values, the associated processes (job description, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the epidemiological staff in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, to improve staff technical capabilities, contribution and commitment to MSF values.
- Supervising, in close coordination with the Logistic Manager that research equipment and materials are properly maintained and stock level is above minimum point in order to ensure availability and research activity continuity.
- Participating in operational monthly reports and organizing and/or assisting medical staff in preparing epidemiological reports related to health facilities and to researched areas
Application Closing Date
- Required degree in Epidemiology or related field, with relevant further study being highly beneficial
- Two years prior work experience required with MSF or a similar NGO
- Work experience in developing countries or similar context highly desirable
15th January, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant degrees, certificates and NYSC certificate/exemption to: [email protected]
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
14 Tennessee Street,
- Please include the title of the position for which you are applying on the envelope or in the subject line of the email.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women are encouraged to apply.