Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Req ID: Req-1459
- Collaborate with the Joint Venture Accountant in managing all Joint Venture accounting functions for all assets.
- Monitor Joint Venture cash calls and billings to ensure compliance with approved Joint Venture work programmes and budgets.
- Manage and monitor authorizations for expenditure as per the normal Joint Venture accounting process.
- Identify and evaluate areas for improvement of profit with particular regard to cost reductions and methodology.
- Support the Group in researching factors that impact business performance including cost and income drivers.
- Provide value added financial management information to facilitate decision-making.
- Liaise with the Finance Management team for effective financial management and as required.
- Support the Chief Financial Officer with treasury related activities including providing inputs for the cash flow forecasting with the treasury team.
Accounting & Financial Reporting:
- Design, implement, review and maintain accounting systems.
- Review and ensure accuracy of accounting records.
- Produce accurate and timely monthly management accounts, statutory financial statements for each legal entity and the Company financial statements.
- Report to the Budget committee on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances.
Strategy, Planning & Budgeting:
- Support the Executive team in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
- Produce and monitor annual budgets, and forecasts for the Company.
Internal Control, Compliance & Audit Management:
- Oversee internal operating controls, processes and practices.
- Develop, implement, review and maintain adequate and effective internal controls.
- Plan and perform operational and financial audits in preparation for the external auditors.
- Oversee and ensure external audits are smoothly and efficiently run.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to policies, procedures and regulations.
- Establish and maintain corporate accounting policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to drive efficient, accurate closing and reporting.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Ensure tax compliance within all jurisdictions for the Group.
Stakeholder Relationship Management:
- Support the business in dealing with the National Petroleum Investment Management Services, Department of Petroleum Resources and other relevant government agencies.
Team Leadership & Management:
- Manage the finance team and its activities.
- Manage performance; facilitate development; coach and supervise the team.
- Provide high level support to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Perform all other duties that are necessary and reasonably attached to the Financial Controller position and the fulfilment of its responsibilities.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field. Master’s degree in Accounting or a Business discipline preferred.
- Professional accounting qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA.
- Minimum of 12 years progressive finance and accounting experience including managerial experience, financial reporting, preparation of financial statements, budgets and forecastin an exploration and production company. o Strong experience in the oil and gas industry (exploration and production only) will be an advantage.
- Experienced in debt financing and mergers & acquisitions.
- Integrity and ethics; sound judgement; self-starter with high energy level; detail-oriented; able to handle pressure; proven team leader.
- Displays a quality of work that reflects high professional standards, and projects a professional and positive image at all times.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, sometimes with short notice, 50 – 70% of the time.
Application Closing Date
- Accounting, Financial Control, Financial Management, Financial Reporting, Budgeting, Audit Management, Internal Control
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online