Federal University, Gusau
, Zamfara State - It is a conventional University established in January 2013 and currently has three faculties as follows: Faculty of Humanities and Education, Faculty of Management and Social Sciences, and Faculty of Science with a plan for additional faculties.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian (CONUASS 5)
Qualifications and Experience
- The University Librarian is a member of the University Management and responsible to the Vice-Chancellor and the Council for the day-to-day administration and control of the University library.
- The university librarian is responsible for:
- Framing library policies
- Making personal contacts and liaising with departments on book requirements
- Preparing library budget
- Establishing policy for library exchange
- Engaging in matters of common interest for the benefit of readers and users
- Performing other duties that may be assigned by the vice-chancellor.
Candidates for the position of the university Librarian should posses:
- A minimum of higher degree of Master's in Library and Information Science with fifteen (15) years of experience.
- Possession of a Doctorate Degree will be an added advantage
- Candidates are also required to have scholarly publications in reputable journals and must be member of the following:
- Library Registration Council of Nigeria
- Nigeria Library Association
- Committee of University Librarians
- Furthermore, candidates are expected to be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications as applicable to the running of complex modem University library.
The candidate must have:
Condition of Service
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent organization /administration skills that will command the respect and loyalty of the library staff
- Possess personal Integrity
- Should not be older than 65 years by the time of appointment
- Must be of good physical and mental health.
The condition of service and salary are as obtained in the Federal Universities in Nigeria, and as may be determined by the University Governing Council. The appointment is for a period of five years.
Application Closing Date
20th February, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their typed Applications in 30 copies with the Photocopies of their Certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae, giving the following details among others:
- Marital Status,
- Educational Institutions attended with dates,
- Professional and other qualifications obtained with dates,
- Working experience (i.e posts held, duration and salary earned) and publications (if any).
All Applications should be addressed and submitted to:
Federal University Gusau,
P.M.B. 1001 Gusau,
- Applicants should send the names of the three (3) referees, at least two (2) of them should be competent to attest to the candidates professional/academic standing and character. Candidates should request their referees to send their confidential reports direct to the address above.
- No application will be collected after the above closing date and only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.