Federal University, Gusau
, Zamfara State - It is a conventional University established in January 2013 and currently has three faculties as follows: Faculty of Humanities and Education, Faculty of Management and Social Sciences, and Faculty of Science with a plan for additional faculties.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Procurement Officer
Qualifications and Experience
- Supervise, monitor and co-ordinate the activities of procurement unit;
- Prepare a procurement plan for the University for the short and long run;
- Prepare report for management - Annually, quarterly and other formal reports for action of the University management and Vice Chancellor;
- Design standard procurement programme and review from time to time;
- Monitor the performance and efficiency on costs;
- Prepare memoranda for procurement procedure; and
- Performing other duties that may be assigned by the Vice-Chancellor.
Candidates for the position of the Chief Procurement Officer should posses:
- Candidate must have a good first degree in Purchasing and Supply, Economics, Marketing, Quantity Survey, Business Administration, Accountancy, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or any other related fields.
- Twelve (12) years of relevant cognate experience in procurement activities in a tertiary institution or public service.
- He/she must have reached the position of Principal Procurement Officer I or its equivalent;
- Be competent in relevant computer/ICT operation
- Possession of relevant higher degree or Postgraduate Professional qualifications in relevant fields will be an advantage.
- Bureau for Public Procurement Certificate of conversion will be an added advantage. He/she must show evidence of leadership qualities, integrity and team work;
Condition of Service
- Candidate must have exhibited in the past, considerable ability, competence, industry and moral integrity;
- Be free from any moral, social and financial embarrassment;
- Must be of good physical and mental health;
- Excellent and verbal, and written communication skills;
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills; and
- Should not be older than 60 years by the time of appointment
The conditions of service and salary are as obtained in the Federal Universities in Nigeria, and as may be determined by the University Governing Council.
Application Closing Date
20th February, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their typed Applications in 30 copies with the Photocopies of their Certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae, giving the following details among others:
- Marital Status,
- Educational Institutions attended with dates,
- Professional and other qualifications obtained with dates,
- Working experience (i.e posts held, duration and salary earned) and publications (if any).
All Applications should be addressed and submitted to:
Federal University Gusau,
P.M.B. 1001 Gusau,
- Applicants should send the names of the three (3) referees, at least two (2) of them should be competent to attest to the candidates professional/academic standing and character. Candidates should request their referees to send their confidential reports direct to the address above.
- No application will be collected after the above closing date and only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.