Federal University, Gusau
, Zamfara State - It is a conventional University established in January 2013 and currently has three faculties as follows: Faculty of Humanities and Education, Faculty of Management and Social Sciences, and Faculty of Science with a plan for additional faculties.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Centre for Entrepreneurship
The Director will be responsible for managing the Centre initiatives, programme, and activities according to the University’s mission, strategy and priorities. Therefore, the key responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and manage the Centre’s programme that exposes students to entrepreneurship from ideation to minimum viable product (MVP)
- Design and set up need-based vocational skill units and other supporting facilities like incubator e.t.c
- Create consistent documentation and date capture to measure, track the Centre’s programmme
- Maintain dose contact with every student entrepreneur who is beneficiary of this Centre so as to monitor their entrepreneurial Journey with the view of providing advisory,mentoring and counseling services If needed.
- Regularly inform key internal and external stakeholders of the centre of relevant information through print and/or electronic Newsletter.
- Collaborate with the University Curriculum Development Committee to develop curriculum for training workshops and seminars.
- Develop maintain and grow the network of resource essential for business startup, management and growth, such as mentors, funding opportunities, competition/grants/awards e.t.c.
- Build sustainable relationships with investors, and companies within the catchment area of the University and outside.
- Establish monitoring and evolution indicators of success for the centre.
Condition of Service
- Posses a good honours degree in Sciences, Technology, Social or Management Sciences from recognized University, preferably in Entrepreneurship Studies, EConomics, Psychology or Business Management or a related disciplines. A Master Degree in Business Administration (MBA) will be added advantage
- Have a minimum of 5 years of post qualification experience in the management of Entrepreneurship Centre in any tertiary institutions or research institution
- Have passion and in entrepreneurship and Business Management.
- Must not be more than 60 years by the time of appointment
The condition of service and salary are as obtained in the Federal Universities in Nigeria, and as may be determined by the University Governing Council. The appointment is for a period of five years.
Application Closing Date
20th February, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their typed Applications in 30 copies with the Photocopies of their Certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae, giving the following details among others:
- Marital Status,
- Educational Institutions attended with dates,
- Professional and other qualifications obtained with dates,
- Working experience (i.e posts held, duration and salary earned) and publications (if any).
All Applications should be addressed and submitted to:
Federal University Gusau,
P.M.B. 1001 Gusau,
- Applicants should send the names of the three (3) referees, at least two (2) of them should be competent to attest to the candidates professional/academic standing and character. Candidates should request their referees to send their confidential reports direct to the address above.
- No application will be collected after the above closing date and only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.