Centre for Health, Education, Economic Rehabilitation and Social Security (CHEERS) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) which was established in September 2006, with the aim of ensuring that the marginalized and vulnerable categories of people in the rural communities gain access to the fundamental rights of life such as Health Care, Education, Economic Rehabilitation, Social Security & Safe Water.
Applications are invited from:
Title: Community Based Organization
Enugu, Rivers, Bauchi, Benue, Nassarawa, and Niger
Slot: 3 in each states
Summary of the Position
- The main responsibility of the CBOs would be to conduct targeted community TB screening outreaches; guided by the available data at the DOTs centers with the community in selected communities in Enugu, Rivers, Bauchi, Benue, Nassarawa, and Niger States. Three CBOs will be selected in the six proposed states.
What We Offer
- Conduct targeted community TB screening outreaches; guided by the available data at the DOTs centers with the community.
- Conduct TB screening for community members during outreaches
- Collect sputum samples from presumptive TB cases
- Transport sputum samples to the nearest GeneXpert lab for diagnosis
- Follow up with the results of patients
- Escort all diagnosed Drug Sensitive or DR-TB patients to a linked DOTS clinic to start treatment
- Conduct tracking for patients who defaulted on treatment.
- Liaise with State Ministries of Health including the respective State TB and Leprosy Control Programs, partners (TB and HIV implementing partners, CSOs, Community gatekeepers, heads of religious bodies), health facilities and other related stakeholders in the planning and implementation of the community outreach activities.
- Report weekly to the SPM.
Application Closing Date
- Challenging working environment with scope for professional and personal development;
- Being part of a dedicated, motivated and intercultural team;
- Salary depending on the capacity and experience of the candidate.
15th January 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified Organizations should send their Letter of Intent with the following attachments:
- Certificate of incorporation
- Organizational profile
All Applications should be sent to the "Human Resources, CHEERS" via: [email protected]
- All candidates must meet all the criteria of minimum qualification.
- There are no relocation allowances for the advertised position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and shortlisted candidates must be ready to attend interview at their own cost.