eHealth Africa (eHA) designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Optometrist
Purpose of the position
What you’ll do
- The Optometrist will work as part of a team delivering total satisfaction to our customers by conducting thorough eye examinations, contact lens assessments, and aftercare.
- You’ll offer our customers recommendations to the highest professional and ethical standards.
- You will use your knowledge to effectively identify customer needs and recommend eyewear and eye care solutions accordingly.
The Optometrist will support EHA Clinics predominantly by:
Who you are
- Deliver excellent customer service and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
- Coach assistants to consistently deliver effective selling behaviors resulting in high customer engagement
- Communicate with patients to get detailed case histories
- Examine the eyes of patients of all ages in accordance with the guidelines laid out by the College of Optometrists and the General Optical Council
- Use specialist equipment for diagnosis and testing
- Issue prescriptions for spectacles or contact lenses
- Fit and check prescribed lenses in order to correct vision defects
- Offer advice and reassurance about vision-related matters
- Offer help and advice for patients choosing frames and lenses
- Write referral communications to doctors as required in line with legal guidelines
- Liaise with other medical practitioners and sometimes share the care of patients with chronic ophthalmic conditions
- Meet sales targets with regard to selling spectacles & contact lenses
- Manage staff, including dispensing opticians and store staff as required
- Supervise and train store staff
- Open and close the store according to established guidelines
- Perform core administrative functions
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties and you may be requested to perform any other duties deemed reasonable by your line managers.
- Possessing a Degree in Optometry registered with the Nigerian Optometric Association (NOA) from a recognized institution and must have completed one year National Service (NYSC) or duly exempted.
- Certified and licensed to work in the state by the Federation of State Boards as an optometrist.
- Five(5) years experience working in a healthcare setting
- Be able to demonstrate industry knowledge and experience of providing excellent care and service.
- Encouraging to medical team and patients; ability to mentor and lead
- Able to perform CPR or additional emergency procedures if needed
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with a wide variety of patients, medical staff, and caregivers
- Strong computer skills, including Google Office Suite and other medical software.
- Compassionate and sensitive to patients’ needs and concerns
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. EHA Clinics is a tobacco-free environment.
Application Closing Date
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online