Bradfield Consulting Limited - Our client, a leading private educational institution with a group of schools comprising of Nursery, Primary Schools and Secondary Schools in Lagos, is seeking the services of an experienced, highly motivated and result-oriented candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Home Economics Educator
- The Home Economics Educator will require strong subject knowledge and the ability to deliver constructive and informative lesson plans that will engage students ensuring the standards across all year groups are met.
- She/he will develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives.
- Develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability and aptitude.
- Link pupils' knowledge to earlier learning and develop ways to encourage it further, and challenge and inspire pupils to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding.
- Teaches concepts and skills in foods and nutrition, clothing and textiles, home management, family relationships, and consumer education to students utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory work, projects, assignments, and papers.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others
- Advise students on academic and vocational curricula, and on career issues.
- Select and obtain materials and supplies such as textbooks.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge, and publish findings in professional journals, books, and/or electronic media.
- Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching and research issues.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of Bachelor of Education Degree (BEd.)/B.Sc in Nutrition or other related subjects.
- A postgraduate Diploma in Education for non-education degree holders will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 4 - 8 years of teaching experience in a good school environment.
- Sound communication skills.
- IT savvy
Application Closing Date
25th January, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Only qualified CVs will be shortlisted.