Medecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Supervisor
Contract Period: Indefinite
- Implementing and supervising an infection control program in a project or health facility, according to MSF protocols, safety and IPC measures, in order to ensure quality of care and safety of patients, caretakers and staff.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- In collaboration with each service activity manager, maintaining and supporting the day to day implementation of the standard precautions in health structures in all departments including sterilization, laundry and kitchen, and providing technical supervision, training and support to the staff on IPC related issues using existing tools such as audits, checklist, surveillance
- Implementing and monitoring adherence to additional precautions for air, droplet and contact transmissible diseases when indicated. Based on a given patient-diagnosis, evaluating the need and supporting the implementation, if needed, for additional precautions in collaboration with the medical team and act accordingly.
- Implementing as planned, the correct ‘clean and dirty flows’ inside the health facility. Ensuring that environmental standards in the facility are respected (bed spacing, number of handwashing stations etc.) and together with the Hospital Facilities Manager and WHS Supervisor, that the essential requirements are available in the health structures
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- In collaboration with MSF activity manager(s) and FETHA Supervisor, maintaining and supporting the day to day implementation of the IPC measures in Virology Unit and Entry Points including sterilization and providing technical supervision, training and support to the FETHA medical and paramedical staff on IPC related issues according to implemented IPC guidelines and SOP’s
- Implementing as planned, the correct ‘clean and dirty flows’ for patients, staff and material inside the FETHA Virology Unit and Entry Points. Ensuring that IPC protocols are respected (bed spacing, number of handwashing stations etc.) and together with the MSF activity and WHS Manager(s)/Supervisor(s), that the essential requirements are supplied and available
- Controlling warehouse facilities in order to ensure materials are kept in good keeping conditions, it includes: e.g. Monitoring temperature in the warehouse and ensuring that products requiring cold chain are suitably stored and transports received, stored, and prepared and transported appropriately according to MSF Supply and Cold Chain protocols.
Application Closing Date
- Education: Nurse or Midwife (or equivalent) Diploma
- Experience Preferable: Previous working experience working with MSF or other NGOs
- Experience in OT, Intensive Care or Hemorrhagic Fever Unit is an asset
- Languages Fluent English and Igbo language are essential
18th January, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit soft copy of their Application, including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant certificates to: [email protected]
Or send hard copies to:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
Block D 33 Liberation Estate,
Abakaliki - Ebonyi State.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- The position is open to all residents of Nigeria.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.