Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast growing Software company with a vision to build an enduring organization with an ecosystem of value creators- while delivering high impact technology solutions for emerging markets through a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Security Analyst
: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- The Information Security Analyst will be responsible for keeping data safe and assets protected across the organization by monitoring, reporting, and addressing actual and potential information security issues.
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cybersecurity incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with security team to perform tests and uncover server & network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain high-security standards.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Perform penetration testing.
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Educate developers on secure coding practices.
- Participate in enterprise phishing simulation test.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity or related field.
- Experience in information security or related field.
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Extensive Cloud knowledge
- Understanding of software design patterns
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDS/IPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Understanding patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
- Certification in of the any of the following will be an added advantage
- CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker
- ECSA: EC-Council Certified Security Analyst
- GSEC / GCIH / GCIA: GIAC Security Certifications
- CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional.
- Flexibility is important.
Competitive based on experience.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
: The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality.