Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Service Desk Manager
: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Role
- Manage Service desk in all Andela offices globally. Provide user support and customer service on company-supported computer applications and platforms.
- Troubleshoot problems and advise on the appropriate action.
- Coordinate all scheduled and unscheduled services for clients and ensure all maintenance is successfully completed successfully and on time, while the client is kept informed of the progress.
- Reporting to the IT Director, the Service Desk Manager is responsible for building and maintaining effective service desk function while providing Level 1 support to all Andela employees.
Qualifications & Experience
- Act as the primary contact personnel for IT Help and support Desk and the service desk function.
- Attend to incoming service requests via helpdesk system from employees in a timely manner using existing procedures.
- Prioritize services requests in the company system and assign them to the relevant personnel.
- Lead communications with the employees for both scheduled and unscheduled services
- Keep employees informed of status, timing and options for support and ensure customer satisfaction through continuous status information sharing.
- Engage in every issue and work on behalf of the client to get the issues resolved within the SLA.
- Study ticket trends and develop and communicate educating material through available channels such as the company intranet and the help and support system.
- Assist in constantly creating and improving processes and procedures as it relates to employee support
- Escalate any Service Desk Team concerns to the IT Management team for resolution.
- Assist in disseminating information including maintaining and updating technical calendars, updating employee information.
- Submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for measuring help desk service levels, as required.
- Identify root problems which may negatively affect the helpdesk service delivery and notify the IT Management team, with recommendations, as identified.
- Coordinate workshop repairs, stand-by equipment and procurement for all working tools provided by IT
- 5+ years’ experience in IT helpdesk or IT customer support environment is mandatory
- Bachelor's degree in IT preferred
- ITIL Certification and Zendesk knowledge is an added advantage.
- A good understanding of computer networks.
- Ability to work with different operating systems i.e MacOs, Windows and LINUX
- Training in Help desk and systems and processes is an added advantage
- A good grasp of technical installations and willingness to learn
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment.
EPIC Values Alignment:
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
Benefits & Compensation
- If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Application Closing Date
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.