Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources and Admin Assistant
Ref No: 1900008V
Ogoja, Cross River
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Key Areas of Accountability
- To provide administrative support and assistance for the development and management of Human Resources functions, for the development and maintenance of policies & procedures, for ensuring the health and safety of staff and for the promotion of the Child Safe Guarding Policy
The scope of this role will include:
- Maintaining leave-tracking sheet and performance review schedule.
- Support in maintaining an updated personnel files in line with HR best practice standards.
- Support the HR Coordinator in compilation of payroll related documents
- Maintain proper and accurate records /inventory of Office supplies distribution and usage by each HR team member.
- Organize central HR files. Ensure documents are stored in an easy to access and understandable system. Update and circulate the filing list regularly to HR team members
- Process for payments to consultants and vendors for HR related expenses
- Photocopying of documents when required
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Manage the scheduling and logistics of all interviews between candidates and the office.
- Prepare candidates for interviews with office by providing detailed information on the location, job descriptions, and methodology.
- Participate in the preparation for induction for new staff on the global and national policy guidelines and procedures
- Provide administrative support to supervisors to arrange training opportunities for staff.
- Ensure a timely and proper filing of all HR related documents and support in collecting and updating staff information
- Welcome and receive visitors to the office.
- Receive, collate and send letters and correspondence to field offices and partner offices.
- Manage the diaries of the state team lead where required.
- Maintain a general document-filing system.
- Manage calendars and arrangement of meetings for the Cross River office
- Ad hoc typing, scanning & photocopying for Staff
- Co-ordinate and maintain the SCI resource centre documentation system: receiving and filing official documents, publications, manuals, text and other materials in an easily retrievable manner and ensuring the security of all materials, text and documents in the centre.
- As delegated, to oversee minor repairs in the office
- Assist the HR Coordinator in establishing and maintaining a list of contact details for preferred service providers including carpenters, electricians, plumbers, generator servicers and builders and make this list available on request.
- Managing incoming and outgoing post.
- Disseminate formal communications to staff.
- Maintain current contact database of other INGO, Partners, Government, Embassies and Donor organisations.
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies in Field Office are maintained in a safe and secure manner.
- Ensure the staff movement board is well maintained and up to date.
- To act as a cover for logistics functions in the field office in the absence of the Logistics/Admin Officer.
- Assist in the production and publications of all SCI official text, reports and other materials.
- Ensure the office is well stocked (procurement and monitoring) with necessary supplies stationeries and other consumables as well as maintaining and updating store records
- Manage the procurement and distribution of Mobile phone cards to staff
- Monitor and supervise the activities and performance of the office cleaner(s) and security personnel.
- Ensure the First Aid kits are stocked and replenished with genuine drugs
- In collaboration with line manager make arrangements for meetings and conferences as required ensuring these are delivered to a high quality and cost effectively
- Facilitate flight bookings for staff with the Country office Admin Assistants
- Ensure accommodation is arranged for travellers (based on request). Ensure best value for money and that travellers are clearly informed well in advance of the booked hotel(s)
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager
Application Closing Date
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary
15th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
- Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
- We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will, therefore, be subject to this scrutiny.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.