Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Job ID: 1900008T
Ogoja, Cross River
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Key Areas of Accountability
- To Coordinate Vendor Payment between procurement and Finance team, ensure vendor timely payment Support admin procurement and serve as field office interface with country office log team Respond efficiently and quickly to purchase requisitions, and follow up, maintain record of supplies.
- Ensure that the items bought match the request, and are of good quality, reliable, appropriate and at a reasonable price.
- Ensure procurement is done in accordance with SCI Procurement Policy and Procedures.
- Maintain file index (soft Copies/hand copies) for all purchases by category, grant and location.
- Respond to queries in a professional and timely manner in respect of status and delivery of goods to locations/programs.
- Check goods on arrival to ensure correctness of order and that it agrees with packing list/invoice before goods are handed over to programme or Ware houses officer.
- Adhering to all the necessary procedures as stipulated in the office procedures manual SC policies and donor regulations.
- Support the pre-qualification of service providers as provided for in the Procurement Manual.
- Issuing PO for service providers as provided for in the Procurement Manual to ensure goods and services are acquired at competitive prices.
- Record all incoming goods, their dispatch and timely delivery to projects. Ensure complete documentation of procurement actions consistent with SC Nigeria policy is kept on file.
- Maintain the procurement file and ensure that it is up to date with all documentation and information relating to any procurement under taken.
- Produce weekly basis, the Procurement Tracker
- To collect the Procurement Request from the Program and field offices
- Based on SCI procurement manual, issue POs to vendors and follow up with delivery#
- Update the supplier data base based on SCI standard
- Communication with vendor or suppliers
- Produce regular update on PR received from Program and field offices
Qualifications and Experience
- Organized procurement review meeting with programme.
- Any other tasks as may be required by supervisor
- Level of Education - B.Sc/HND in any related discipline.
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills.
- Team-working skills.
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Attention to detail and excellent numeracy.· Good experience in: purchasing, with good negotiating skills.· Ability to keep clear and concise records.
- Commitment to SCI child safeguarding policies, equal opportunity and gender policies.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and with the aims and objectives of SCI
- Experience in procurement/Logistics Management.
- Logistics training or qualification as an added advantage.
- Experience and good team work (integration).
- Good written and spoken English required.
Application Closing Date
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary
15th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online