Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Ref No: 1900008S
Ogoja, Cross River
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Scope of Role
- The Finance Assistant has oversight responsibility to manage the receipts and disbursement of funds. He/she will provide support to the finance unit.
- Writing of Cheques as approved by relevant budget holders and finance
- Maintain proper filing and easy retrieval of finance documentation
- Perform Bank related activities (Pick up Bank Statements, collect office running cash, etc.)
- Conduct weekly and month end cash counts with support of the Finance Officer
- Payment of participants and other SCI cash payments out of the office
- Maintain petty cash with strong supervision from the finance officer
- Daily update & maintain manual cash book
- Maintain optimum cash balances and advises the Finance Officer for cash replenishment
- Financial Information And Other Support Functions
- Assist during audit to retrieve all relevant documents for audit exercise
- Assist others requiring information on transactions to retrieve relevant payment vouchers and documentation for their use
- Preparing Tax, NHF, and pension payment schedules and cheques to be remitted to the Tax authorities and the various pensions’ administrators
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager
Skills & Experience
- Internal: Budget-holders, bank signatories and staff.
- External: Auditors, Bank, Government bodies, include regulatory agencies.
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or its equivalent
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in computerized and accounting systems
15th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
- Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
- We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will, therefore, be subject to this scrutiny.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.