Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hygiene Promoter
Job ID: 1900008R
Ogoja, Cross River
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Qualifications and Experience
- Under the direct supervision of the Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion Officer (WASH Officer), the incumbent will be required to work as a member of the WASH unit towards the improvement of hygiene promotion and community mobilization activities effectiveness, particularly as part of the WASH intervention, to safeguard and improve the public health of the affected population by promoting safe WASH practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services; ensuring appropriate targeted community involvement in the design and delivery of essential WASH services and facilities and sensitization.
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of English, Hausa, Kanuri and other local languages
- Good knowledge of participatory approaches for behavior change (PHAST/SARAR, CHAST, CLTS)
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to write clear reports
- National diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years experiences in hygiene promotion in community based program
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Work experience in Cross River and Benue State.
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
Application Closing Date
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
15th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online