Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant
Ref No: 1900008P
Ogoja, Cross River
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Key Areas of Accountabilities
- To provide a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the Office and also provide needed office support.
Skills & Experience
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Dispose dirt inside the waste basket and dustbin daily
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Mix various cleaning agents.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture and scrub surfaces clean.
- Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants every hour.
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Support in movement of heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Wash kitchen utensils and make sure the kitchen surface is always neat, clean and dry
- Ensures no plates, cups or utensils are left over the night in the kitchen sink.
- Remove cobwebs.
- Sweep the compound
- Wet-wipe and polish all high-level shelves.
- Wet-wipe window ledges.
- Assist with photocopying and scanning of documents as directed.
- Update stock bin cards as directed.
- Assist to photocopy and scan documents are required.
- Stay at the Front Desk to attend to visitors as directed.
- Report any damage or fault noticed within the premises or on furniture, equipment and supplies to your Line Manager.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedure
- Adhoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
- Level of Education - Diploma
- General Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level - Good
- Use of Office equipment; desktop/laptop, scanner etc. - Good
- Use of cleaning equipment and materials - Good
- Language Requirements - English
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role - 2 years.
Application Closing Date
- Ordinary National Diploma
- Experience: 2 years
15th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
- Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
- We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will, therefore, be subject to this scrutiny.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.