Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Officer-Sanitation and Hygiene Officer
Job ID: 1900008E
Ogoja, Cross River
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- The Sanitation officer will focus on designing, construction, and maintenance of sanitation and hygiene infrastructures while working in close cooperation with other WASH field staff to ensure that related hygiene and sanitation issues are coordinated.
- S/he will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of the sanitation and hygiene components of the Cameroon refugee response.
The Sanitation Officer will:
- Monitoring the status of Sanitation and hygiene facilities and ensuring the timely repair and maintenance of the facilities by coordinating with other WASH members of team and the communities.
- Monitoring and supervising the quality of the construction of sanitation facilities implemented by vendors
- Working closely with the WASH Manager on developing weekly and monthly plans and reports on the implementation of planned sanitation activity
- Coordinating with the other WASH field staff to ensure that the various aspects of the WASH response are integrated.
- Ensuring the inclusiveness of all safety/privacy/protection issues in all the WASH facilities constructed at the field level
- Ensure Child Safeguarding Risk Assessment are conducted for all construction and programme activities.
- Assisting the WASH Manager on maintaining an accurate record and taking proper care of all field equipment and material stocks related to WASH
- Assisting the WASH Advisor on making timely request and delivery of all logistic requirement for smooth implementation of sanitation work
- Oversee the distribution of WASH kits at household and community level
- Facilitate community hygiene promotion activities and ensure the inclusive participation of all POCs including children and youth.
- Submit timely periodic reports to Team lead
- Maintain a strong referral system for health and the provision of WASH related services
- Minimum of a B.Sc. in the Engineering fields and other related fields
- At least two to three years of experience in humanitarian emergency
- Must have good assessment, analytical, and planning skills.
- Good oral and writing report skills.
- Training/counterpart development skills.
- Ability to work well in the field under difficult and basic conditions
Application Closing Date
- Familiarity with the culture of conflict and/or disaster- affected populations,
- Ability to develop respect from a wide range of people and strong ability to communicate effectively on sanitation and hygiene matters
- Experience working in emergencies in Cross River and Benue is desirable
15th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online