Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graphic Artist/Designer/Illustrator Consultant
Ref Id: 190000AL
: Maiduguri, Borno
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Save the Children Nigeria is implementing a DFID funded project – North East Nigeria Transition to Development (NENTAD) in Borno state. The NENTAD project is a consortium project with UNICEF and Plan International. Save the Children is implementing the project in 3 LGEAs of Jere, Konduga and MMC targeting 6900 children in the focal communities and LGAs. The project is working in the 6 formal school system in the selected communities in the first year and will be extended to additional one school in the second year which starts in May to be able to meet up with the target population. Already we are working with key government state actors such as the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) and the respective Local Government Education Authorities (LGEAs).
- During the project year, the project aimed at supporting in building capacity of teachers and the School based Management Committees (SBMCs) provide teachers and learners kit and construction of Temporary Learning Structures or the renovation of damaged classrooms.
- In December 2018, we supported the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) Borno state to develop the first School rules and Regulation for the state. The school rules and regulation is a set of guiding rules that directs the activities of both the learners and teachers in basic education. The published document might not be easily assimilated by the learners because of the absence of picture to arouse the interest of the learners.
- In this regard, we are looking at developing learners’ friendly version of the school rules and regulation to be distributed to learners in the schools.
- The consultant will be engaged to develop pictorial version of the school rules and regulation that will be distributed to schools/ learners. The content developer should be vast and had prior skills in material illustration and development of IEC materials such as posters, flyers, book design etc.
- In this course of the consultancy, Save the Children shall cover for the following as part of the assessment: Consultancy fee
- The consultant should be one experienced or skilled in content development and illustration.
- The consultant should be able to prove His/her competency in graphics, content development and illustration.
- The consultant should be able to share past works conducted in A detailed methodology should be provided by the consultant showing how the assessment aims and objectives will be met.
- Deliverables should include the following based on the work given to the consultant
- Designs layout and produce artwork such as graphs, charts, pictorials relating to the school rules and regulation developed.
- Submit online printable copies of agreed work
Application Closing Date
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in graphic design
- Strong communication skills in creative visual design.
- Knowledge of adobe creative suite especially Photoshop, illustrator, illustrator, InDesign, dream weaver and flash among others.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
14th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
All expressions of interest should include:
- Cover letter: A short (maximum one page) letter indicating daily consultancy fees Detailed CV (maximum 4 pages)
- Copies of relevant previous graphic work done (to be kept confidential).