MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Accountant, Financial Operations (Supervisory)
- To account for all company-wide Financial Operations activities (Fixed Assets, Revenue Management, Expenditure Operations, Business Support and General Ledger), support various divisions on financial issues and maintain commercial relationships with external stakeholders.
- Review relevant general ledger accounts (Income statement and Balance Sheet), the A.ge analysis of Balance Sheet accounts, relevant general ledger/sub- ledger accounts, reconciliation of weekly and monthly performance reports, relevant schedules and reports for accuracy and completeness in line with set accounting standards.
- Review and approve journal vouchers and other financial transactions for posting in ERP system.
- Supervise the implementation of finance policies, processes and procedures and e.nsure strict adherence to established internal controls, MTN PPP’s, IFRS, IAS and GAAP.
- Work with Financial Operations Manager to prepare departmental budgets and provide support in daily unit administrative activities in line with the strategic objectives.
- Provide input into relevant management and board papers, review supporting documents/back up schedules to meet audit and regulatory requirements as well as analyse/interpret data to facilitate decision making.
- Ensure efficient optimisation of databases/systems and prompt resolution of all reconciling items.
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators in order to meet all month end r.eporting deadlines.
- Oversee daily operations of the department as well as safeguard company assets and maintain customer/vendor relationships.
- Coach and train direct reports to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and identify opportunities for team members.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Maintain a strict control environment and ensure strict compliance with all MTNN policies and procedures.
- Analyse/prepare relevant information for annual budget and financial forecasting; and assist in managing inter-company relationships.
- Supervise/review operational cash flow projection and utilization as well as processing of account payable.
- Work with Financial Operations Manager to identify /rectify error in the entry and remittance of Withholding Tax deductions.
- Establish trends and benchmarks for cash transactions per accounts and prepare reports to assist with pricing decisions.
- Review and approve departmental accrual submissions as well as provide detailed investigation and analysis of all accounts.
Requirements, Experience & Training
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
- A first degree in any discipline,a finance and management related degree is desirable.
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA).
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in core accounting function
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Experience in using an ERP system is desirable
- Experience in Finance functions in the telecommunications industry would be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
- Numerate and analytical skills.
- Effective communication.
- Assertiveness in workplace.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Time management.
- Personal Effectiveness.
- Creative thinking.
- Telecommunication Basics.
- Knowledge update on accounting and financial standards and best practices.
18th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online