MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Sales & Trade Development - Kano (Supervisory)
- To promote MTN brand and deliver on monthly sales target and other expectations as required by the division.
- To lead and manage a team of Sales Representatives, Mobilize Consultants, Field Support Agents, and SRAA,
- Ensure increase in sales/activations and product penetration by ensuring brand visibility within territory.
- Review channel operations and stock levels and ensure proper stock management in channel in order to meet customer demands.
- Coach and train direct reports to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and increase product knowledge, as well as identify developmental opportunities for team members.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Oversee and coordinate all technical activities, the activities of direct reports and ensure all transaction and administrative documentation is recorded and available for business use.
- Build and maintain relationships with dealers, participate in organizing channel distributor forums and events to enhance business relationship.
- Provide procedural and policy guidance to direct reports and other operational staff and communicate service standards to direct report to ensure that targets are achieved.
- Work with other units /departments including Marketing to arrange promotions and local events that increase the presence and visibility of all products within the target market.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Drive Knowledge Management and Best Practice Sharing within own Unit/Department/Division/Enterprise-wide as required.
Experience & Training
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours/weekends
- Work is carried out mostly in the field
- Open plan office
- A first Degree in any Social Science degree or related course
- Minimum of 3 years post degree
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 3-7 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience using data mining tools
- Telecoms experience would be an added advantage
Application Closing Date
18th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online