INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Officer
: Ngala, Dikwa, Bama LGAs - Borno State - with travel to other activity sites
Total work hours: 40 / week
Reporting to: WASH Supervisor
Purpose of the Position
- The WASH Officer will be based in targeted LGAs in Borno State, with field trips.
- The WASH Officer is responsible for activities Planning and Supervision of Field Staff, Technical designs of WASH Infrastructures, Conducting trainings for communities on hygiene, Water Management Committees, Awareness campain, Data collection, Developing the new concept ideas and Mobilizing the communities for WASH activities.
Application Closing Date
- Work along with the hygiene promotion team/Social Mobilizers and WASH Supervisor in all the processes of selecting, designing, implementing and monitoring the WASH systems and activities by meetings and good communication
- Attend the Co-ordination meetings of the area, inform and co-ordinate the WASH activities with the other agencies and actors carrying out similar activities.
- Regularly inform the field manager verbally and with written reports on the state and progress of the activities and the problems and/or solutions identified
- Supervise Water and Sanitation construction projects and ensure contract terms and conditions and Health & safety guide lines are adhered to for the entire duration of the contract.
- Management of the contractors in all the Water and Sanitation construction projects
- Mobilize, train and follow-up on communities/WASH committees formed and/or trained by INTERSOS in all activities concerning WASH, ensuring good community participation, gender balance and ownership by the community
- Maintain electronic data management and filing system, of the programme.
- Participate in recruiting technical personnel of the project
- Participate in building the capacity of the WASH technical team on their responsibility
- Plan and coordinate the activities to be done each week with the team and support and supervise their evolution each day, assuring the quality of the work.
- Ensure community participation in all WASH activities.
- Provide detailed, accurate and timely weekly reports to supervisor on activities, challenges and areas in need of improvement
- Plan for, organize and conduct trainings for communities and committees in areas such as Water management Committees, School hygiene clubs, Hygiene awareness in communities
- Ensure constant communication with INTERSOS WASH staff to identify potential problems, formulate recommendations and solutions and report
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to the field, to follow-up on INTERSOS activities and ensure community participation in the activities
- Ensure that consideration is given with focus on gender, protection and HIV/AIDS in water and sanitation activities.
15th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
: Intersos does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.