Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Recruiting Lead
: Lagos, Nigeria
- Andela is looking to hire Technical Recruiting Lead, to join our Lagos Office. We’ve recently surpassed the exciting milestone of 1,400 Andelans globally, and plan to reach double that size by of 2020—the Technical Recruiting team will drive much of that growth. Of course, we care about growth in both the quantity and quality of our employees, so our recruiters’ success is measured not just by their time-to-hire and headcount filled, but also by pass-through rate, EPIC values alignment, and other more qualitative metrics. This role is a recruiting leadership role and driving hiring for a flagship Andela position.
- While based in Lagos - you will collaborate heavily with the recruiting team and department stakeholders in our Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala and Cairo Offices.
- You will lead a team of Lagos-based technical recruiters, executing distributed hiring for elite technologists across Africa - and partner with Recruiting and People team leads globally.
- This opportunity is ideal for talent acquisition managers in the tech and start-up space across technical hiring, and ideal for levelling-up in international exposure and work at a mission-driven, fast-paced business.
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Managing a high-performing technical recruiting team in Lagos (while scaling the team further) - focussed in hiring technologists across Africa;
- Partner with Recruiting, People/HR, technical and data teams globally to solve for improving quality of hires, diversity, candidate experience and Andela branding;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships across Andela Leadership and Recruiting leads - and ensure hiring goals are met.
As the ideal candidates for this role should:
Benefits & Compensation
- Have in depth experience of leading a recruiting team/function, with strong strategic, people managerial and tactical execution exposure;
- Have the ambition to be a key driver in Andela technical staff hiring as we enter into a period of unprecedented growth;
- Experience actively sourcing talent across various platforms (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Github, Angelist, and others) - as you manage a group deep diving across countries to uncover top talent;
- Technical recruiting managerial or hands-on experience preferred;
- Have a combination of an experience-oriented and data-driven approach;
- Understanding of how to best use different technology/tools to optimise a rapidly scaling Africa workforce;
- Strong time management and organizational skills;
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and teams in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent knowledge and passion about Andela’s mission and vision. Able to convincingly sell Andela’s opportunity to prospective employees;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, as well as good listening skills.
Application Closing Date
- Full-time compensation;
- Full medical coverage;
- Equity package;
- Continental travel opportunities;
- Beautiful working environment;
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet;
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.