FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Procurement & Logistics Officer
Job Type: Full time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer FHI 360 procurement policy and procedures in accordance with donor guidelines and requirements.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Process purchase requisitions by reviewing budget allocation for adequate authorizations.
- Review purchase request, check request and blanket/open orders for procurements.
- Solicit quotes and bid information from appropriate vendors.
- Coordinate the review and procurement response with the initial requestor.
- Resolve problems regarding production quality, accounting discrepancies, rejection of bids or received products.
- Serve as liaison between staff and vendor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BSc in relevant field with 3 - 5 years of relevant procurement experience.
- Or MSc. in relevant field with 1 - 3 years relevant procurement experience.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations (experience with USAID procurement a plus).
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of procurement standards and practices. Knowledge of donor procurement policy and procedures. Knowledge of standard purchasing software. Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- Relevant computer software skills including Microsoft office products.
- Typing and data entry skills.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis
- Ability to frequently interact with others handling problem situations with tact.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
Application Closing Date
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.